Thursday, August 25, 2016

Marble Falls Reunion

We go to Marble Falls every summer for Scott's family reunion. His Uncle Tom has a beautiful lake house there, and we always have such a wonderful time. They have boats, wave runners, tubes, knee boards, paddle boards and more. It was endless hours of fun!
I LOVE water sports! I stayed in the water the entire weekend. Tubing is my favorite! Uncle Tom flew me around behind the boat. He was determined to knock me off, but I stayed on, even flipping over in the air! The boys were dying to get on that tube after watching me! Hunter kept wanting faster faster! Trent kept wanting to be yanked outside the wake!

Their house is right on the lake. So, we would grab a paddle board or float and take off at any time. Our kids could live there! They were bouncing from one activity to the next until they crashed late at night! We also climbed cliffs and jumped off from the top. Hunter loved climbing up the rock. They sure are brave and so adventurous! Faith Ann was right in the middle of it all. She didn't skip a beat!
Trent is our little speed junkie! He LOVES to go fast and do things the "wild way!" He kept wanting me to drive faster on the jet ski and turn fast enough for water to splash our face! He wanted to "get air" on the tube and rocket. And Hunter is all about "being good" at everything. He wants to keep trying until he gets it...all by himself! My boys continue to come out of their shell, and this weekend showed us how adventurous and independent they are becoming. And we determined that Trent could live on a boat...that kid didn't stop talking about driving/riding the boat!
We got a lot of sun, and enjoyed the R&R time by the water too. Scott's mom and family were there, so they took over the kids at times. Scott and I were able to kick back a little. Although our eyes never left our kids...water and kids always keeps me on the edge of my seat!
Faith Ann had her float on her the entire time! She is so daring! She wanted to try it all! Jumping from the cliffs, climbing the rocks, knee boarding! She wanted in on it all! She is so funny. She kept everyone laughing with her spit fire personality. That girl has plenty of spunk! ha! And just to make the note...those fun "jumping action" pictures are way harder than they look! We tried, we failed!
Scott's cousin and Uncle wanted me to train them one morning...ninja style. It was so fun! They were toast and complained the rest of the day! But, they did awesome and the entire family got some good laughs as they watched. We used hills, walls, rocks! It was fun and a hard workout. Then, I had to do some paddle board yoga and go knee boarding too! I just can't help it...water activity is my comfort! I just love it! And Scott always loves driving me as I have my water sport fun!
The boys went knee boarding too. They loved it! They held on forever and kept wanting Uncle Drew to drive faster! They were on cloud 9 the entire weekend. Their strength, bravery, confidence and free spirits really shined this weekend!
We really enjoyed spending this time with Scott's family. Gigi (Scott's mom) spent a lot of time with Faith Ann while we stayed busy with the boys. Faith Ann and Gigi rode the wave runner and did lots of jumping off the pier. We adore Scott's entire family. Of course, Scott's grandmother (Mimi) is always a highlight of our trip. We love Mimi so much. She is one of a kind. His family is so fun loving, generous and sweet! Great weekend, great memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment