Thursday, November 3, 2016

Happy Halloween and More

Happy Halloween! We had an action packed week. Full of school Halloween parades, parties and pumpkin patch visits. Hunter was an emoji, which he was so excited about. Trent was a deer, which he thought that was so funny! His little tail cracked me up. Faith Ann was a bubble gum machine. She kept telling everyone, "I'm bubba gum!" Our neighborhood has a party and Trick or Treating the night of Halloween. The party was chaos with tons of kids, but it was awesome fun! Faith Ann ran behind her brothers the entire night, from house to house. She kept up and loved yelling "trick or treat!"



Faith Ann had many costumes throughout the week! She had so much fun and thought everyday was a party! Look closely at her Hello Kitty dress, she is wearing earrings! Uncle Greg gave the kids some Halloween goodies, and he gave her some dangle earrings! She feels like a big girl!

It is still HOT! So, we have done some swimming...in October! The kids are really playing so good together these days. Faith Ann is communicating clearly and having a blast with her brothers! We have had a few rainy days, which the kids love playing in the rain. They run back and forth in our front ditch 100 times. Nothing better than simple days of playing in the rain!


Trent's first soccer season is going strong. He is awesome. I have a feeling he will be good at football because he doesn't like anyone to "get in his way!" He hustles!! I adore his soccer pictures. Scott is the coach and our friend, Alex is assistant coach. Alex has gone to school with me since 1st grade! We have all been friends nearly our entire lives! We all went to LSU together too. It is so neat that their boys are on the same team! I also LOVE Trent's "individual picture!" Scott couldn't help it! He had to get in the picture with him. Scott loves him too much! We are so proud of Trent for so many reasons. He always tries his hardest, is so so kind, giving, tough, consistent. He is one of a kind!

Every once and a while, I have a moment that shows me that we are doing something right! The kids ate dinner without us the other day. I leave the room and hear Trent saying prayers! I spy and see him folding his hands and praying "thank you God for police officers and the people that make a happy world. And for mommy making a happy house." MELT MY HEART! Meanwhile, Hunter is attempting a handstand on his chair and Faith Ann is stealing Trents food while his eyes are closed! Trent is a breath of fresh air! And yes, that is a tire in our front yard ditch! They were rolling each other in the ditch. For our family...a tire can provide hours of entertainment!
Hunter has decided he wants to be an author when he grows up. He comes home from school and writes a book everyday. He says he really wants to be the illustrator! He is so dang smart. He even took some of his books to school to try to sell them to his teacher! He needed a book for a Halloween book parade. Rather then getting a book, he wrote his own book to carry in the parade. This makes me proud!! His future holds something great! On to hair now...I cut Faith Ann's hair the other day. She had this rat tail going on. So, I cut it and shaped her hair. It is so cute! I did it myself, and she sat so still!

My dad, Pardner, comes over often. He came over to babysit Faith Ann the other day. He can babysit for an hour or so. He can't pick her up and has limited mobility, so I try to limit his babysitting time. An hour is perfect for me to run a couple errands and he gets some alone time with Faith Ann! The other day, I came home to Faith Ann doing my dads hair. He said this brought back so many memories for him. I used to do his hair for hours! He said the only difference is that Faith Ann doesn't hit him with the brush if he moved! haha!

I have moved my afternoon ninja class to Monday mornings. Ally was coming over Tuesday afternoons to babysit while I went to the ninja gym. However, the class is now moved to during the school day. Ally was upset that she was "fired." So, I rehired her for Sunday's after church for a couple hours. That is now our date time. Scott picks the date one Sunday, and I pick the date the next Sunday. Last week was my turn, and we took a boxing class. It was SO much fun. Amazing workout, so challenging, and so fun! Scott and I had a blast. I look forward to our weekly date...lots of memories in store! We welcome November and look forward to a season of Thanksgiving!






No comments:

Post a Comment