Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Valentines Day & THE CALL!

Valentines Day is in the books. It was filled with candy, school parties and topped off with a date! Scott and I bounced between the boys class parties. They were both so excited to take their valentines cards they made for the classmates, more Hunter than Trent. Trent wasn't so impressed with the process, but he was excited nonetheless! Sister was in DIVA fashion on Valentines....high maintenance! She had a pouty look the entire day and was hard to please. I hope, for her husbands sake, this is not a valentine trend! But, we survived and had a great time! Then, Scott surprised me with a wonderful date. We went to a casual sushi restaurant then off to race cars. Well, not full size cars, but not go-carts. Somewhere in the middle. They went FAST!! It was a fun adventurous date. Love this man!





Rummel Creek Elementary had their auction party this month too. It was 1920's theme...flapper style! It was SO fun to dress in gloves, feathers, sequin, fishnets and pearls. It was a really fun night. I am so grateful for such a generous, wonderful community! Being raised in this community, it is a blessing to see the generations continue to have pride in our neighborhood and schools! I am SO happy that my children will be raised in such a loving school!

It is starting to get dark later, which means we are outside longer each day. We are an outdoor family for sure! The afternoons can get long with these 3 at my feet, but honestly, these are the afternoons that I will miss one day. I try to often remind myself how fast this season of life will fly by! So, I try to relax more in the afternoons as I cook dinner and play with the kids. Faith Ann keeps up with her brothers! She plays so hard and is such a trooper. Love this picture of this car stuck in her hair! Bless her heart...she tries her hardest to keep up!

Speaking of keeping up with her brothers....she has learned how to protect herself, and her food! This picture cracks me up. Eating dinner with a helmet on, side eye, and throwing elbows to keep Hunter away. She is a hoot! She stays right on her brothers feet at all times. This usually results in her being the passenger on Trent's 4-wheeler, which she loves!

My Dad is truckin' along with his dialysis. He feels pretty crummy, which breaks my heart. But, God bless his soul...he keeps fighting! I grocery shop for him on Sundays to get him all set for the week. I prepackage his lunches for the week, so he is armed with food for dialysis. I try to keep his energy up, but he is wiped out! I also try to get him up and going on his few days off dialysis. We take him to lunch after church, he comes over to watch the kids play. He is slowly accepting that this is just they way the rest of his life will be. That is a hard pill to swallow, but he is making the most of it!
Basketball season has come and gone. Hunter is an amazing and aggressive player. He is quiet the point guard!!! He has grown in confidence and skill this season, and we really look forward to more basketball! He had all his Rummel Creek school friends on his team, which made it even more memorable. Scott really enjoyed coaching. This was a big season for Hunter...he officially is playing like a "big boy." He is focused and totally understands the game! Now onto baseball...baseball season starts soon. Hunter is on a dads pitch team with his school friends. Scott is going to be Trent's coach. Trent will play t-ball at our church! 


Now for THE CALL! I have continued to teach all my fitness classes and personal training sessions, and loving the journey. Along the way, I submitted for the show, American Ninja Warrior. Last season, I was a course tester and got to run the course, which was amazing. So, this year I waited and waited. Then, I finally got THE CALL. I was selected to be a contestant on American Ninja Warrior! The producer called Scott that morning and told him they would be calling me that evening. They wanted Scott to video my reaction, so they could possibly use that footage. So, Scott kept that secret ALL day! That night, I was reading books to the kids. Then, the phone rings and Scott jumped up with excitement. I take the call, and the producer was speaking very loud. The kids could hear the conversation and literally jumped with JOY! What a priceless moment! So, now I step up training until I head to San Antonio at the end of March for filming. Around 130 people will be filmed, and they will only air like 25ish people. So, no guarantee I will be on the show. But, I will get the full experience and I am pumped! A big group of family and friends are already booked and ready to make the trip to San Antonio. My friends, family and community have showered me with celebration parties, flowers and support. I am totally looking forward to this journey! Big adventure ahead!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment