Monday, May 29, 2017

End of School Year & 3 Year Dr. Appt


Graduation Time! Hunter has graduated from kindergarten and Trent graduated from Pre-K! Both called for ceremony's! It was adorable and memorable to witness their pride and joy as they leap into summer.
Hunter is ready for 1st grade and had an amazing kindergarten experience. Mrs. Timmreck was such a special teacher, and I could not have dreamed of a better year. Hunter grew in knowledge, friends, and confidence.



Trent has completed PreK at our church, and he will do PreK again at Rummel Creek next year. He has a late summer birthday, so more time will only work in his favor. Trent is now active in the speech program at Rummel Creek. They are working on his clarity. I have already seen a huge difference. The speech teacher has not found a real issue other than clarity in a few letters, which should improve with some one on one training. Again, another year in Prek will only make him more prepared to take on the rest of his school years.


Trent had a wonderful year at church. He made lifelong friends and found an inner confidence that I hope only continues to blossom! Trent got out 2 weeks before Hunter, so we got to enjoy some summer fun and lots of cuddles!

 I dreaded taking all three kids to the dentist the other day!!!! We all had cleaning appointments, including myself. That makes 4 appointments in one visit. One adult containing 3 children under 6 years old...alone! Sounded awful! But, I went for it! I was pleased. It went fine. We walked out cavity free and happy! We spent over 2 hours in the dentist, rotating spots in the chair. But, all in all, it was easy and successful!
Faith Ann had her 3 year dr appointment. She did not want Dr. Brack to touch her!!! After some persuading, she was able to feel and listen to confirm that Faith Ann is in great health! She is tall and lean for sure!!!! She is 29 lbs (45th percentile) and 38 inches (75th percentile).

Dr. Brack said she has long limbs and a lot of attitude!! Yep, she is right about that! Faith Ann is super sweet and friendly...or not!!!! There is no "in between!" She is doing great on language, social and body control skills! We NO LONGER HAVE A CRIB!!!!! She now has a big girl room and potty trained...we are still working on poo-poo in the toilet, but potty we are champs! We kept her room pretty much the same, just brought in a twin bed with beautiful bedding!! She is sleeping great and feels like a big girl! Scott would not allow me to get rid of her rocking chair because we still rock her to sleep some nights. So, the rocking chair remains and we will treat her like a baby as long as we can!
Cousin Sam graduated from high school! The same high school Scott and I went to (Stratford High.) He graduated in top 5%! Amazing!!!! We found a picture from when I graduated high school (2001), Sam was just a baby. Then, we recreated the picture in 2017!!! I am still holding Sam...16 years later! Made me realize how fast time goes! We are proud of Sam and look forward to a bright future as he heads off to Texas A&M! Cousin Ally graduated from 5th grade, and we are sad that she is leaving Rummel Creek right when my kids will be entering! We love Ally!
Dad has been doing good! I continue to go over to his place many times a week. I have taped up a daily schedule to remind him of his medicine and eating. Also, to give him "purpose" to his day. In the schedule, I have things like...go to bistro to visit, physical therapy, etc. I try to give him something to do and look forward to each day. I go over there and take him for "walks" to keep him moving! Faith Ann walks right next to him, and I admire her patience and uplifting spirit! I still grocery shop for him and make all his meals. Yes, that adds A LOT on my plate, but my dad is the sweetest man. I want to be sure that he is always a priority to me, and that his quality of life is as good as it can be! He is slowly getting stronger and we are looking forward to our summer vacation to Leaky!

Speaking of my dad...he may be getting old....but he still thinks purple hair is cool! LOL! I had my hair lady put purple in my hair for summer. It will wash out in like 10 washes, but I thought it was fun to add some spunk!!! My dad thinks it is the coolest thing! Sweet man!!!! My kids agree, they think it is awesome! Scott does too! I'd say...purple hair for the WIN! When mom was sick and loosing her hair, she said she wanted a purple wig! We went and tried some on. She said..."I am not brave or confident enough for purple hair. But, my hope is that one day you are!!" So, here you go Mom...purple hair just for you!

Baseball season has come to a close. Hunter and Trent both loved their teams. Scott enjoyed being Trent's coach, and the end of year party was great!!! Scott is going to be their coach for flag football in the fall!!!! The boys will be on the same team, and Scott can not wait!

Mothers Day came and went! Trent drew me this amazing picture! He said, "you know why there is a heart and rainbow? That is Zsa Zsa always over you! And the sun because you love to be outside, so the sun is like Zsa Zsa...always making you happy!" Amen to that sweet boy! Amazing way to wrap up mothers day...only a mothers love is like the sunshine...wrapping love around you on good and bad days! Summer has been kicked off! We look forward to simple sprinkler fun and many memories! School year 2016-2017- you were good to us! Cheers to the next!











No comments:

Post a Comment