Monday, May 8, 2017

Happy Easter 2017


Easter is always one of my favorite! It is simple. I feel like it is a holiday that really focuses on the simplicity, loyalty, and love of Christ. That love is shown through the focus on family. Not tons of parties and gifts...just family time with a simple egg hunt, church and good food! Amazing weather to top it off! I always miss my mom so much on Easter. Something about Easter brings my moms presence even more to the forefront! I am grateful that I still feel her love for the holidays in my heart!
We kicked off Easter with a visit to the Easter bunny. Although we still had tears in the picture...this was s huge improvement from last year! Last year, I could not peel Faith Ann's fingers off of my sweater! This year, we could at least have her sit on the very edge of the bench!!! Then, all of a sudden, she gets all the confidence in the world as soon as we get outside. She turns on her sassy pants and poses for the camera!

Off to dye Easter eggs. My sweet dad came over to join us. His health is declining by the day, so these moments are treasured. We ordered pizza and the kids dyed their eggs eager to show us each egg! Easter is really all about these moments....the moments that we can focus on the joy and gratefulness of life!

We woke up early and eager to find eggs. The kids scurried out and enjoyed their Easter baskets. The Easter bunny put a few books and just a bit of candy in their baskets. We keep it super simple over here! After reading and having a morning dose of candy...they ran out to hunt eggs. 



Easter celebration is always at our house. My entire family comes over and fills our home with Easter energy! My dad still likes to give all the grandkids an Easter basket, so I shop and fill baskets on his behalf. He is so kind and generous to keep that tradition going! The kids love it and the adults get a few treats too.


We all bring a brunch item and enjoy food and company! I got all the adults yard games, and we laughed so hard! Basketball we wear on our heads, toss can games and more! We were entertained and made great memories. The kids also had unique outdoor fun! I set up a ninja obstacle course and the kids had a blast! They did rope climbing, swinging, tire jumps and more. We timed them to decide who made it to the "finals!" It came down to cousin Jim and Hunter...Jim won in the final round took the title of "Easter Backyard Ninja!" Priceless memories!

Easter 2017 is one to remember. Grateful to have my dad here to be part of the memories, and forever grateful for the bond, health and love of our family!!!Throw in baseball season full of games...and we are off to a busy spring! Hunter's first year of dads pitch, and he is really getting the hang! Scott is Trent's coach in Tball, which is always adorable to watch!







No comments:

Post a Comment