Monday, August 14, 2017

Cousin Camp & 34th Birthday

Cousins....my kids best friends! They adore their cousins SO much! So, I hosted "cousin camp" at my house! I made matching shirts. We played flag football, ate smores, wrapped houses, made a huge pallet, and snowcones for breakfast! It was so memorable and a highlight for our summer!


All the parents came over to celebrate the family summer birthdays. So, I made dinner, then we kicked out the adults for cousin camp time!!! My dad loved seeing the joy!! This is a big summer...so cousin camp was needed. Dad's health is declining, Chad and Veronica are moving to Brownwood, Tx, Sam is going to college, Jake is starting high school! It's just a big transition year for everyone. So, we had one last cousin gathering before the changes! Our neighbor, Tess, wanted to join the fun. So, I made her a tshirt and she joined cousin camp! The more the merrier!

We made smores on our firepit table. Then, loaded up the back of Scott's truck to go wrap houses. We wrapped Beau and Kate's house! When we were done, I rang the doorbell. When they answered, we yelled "you've been cousin camped!" Then speed off in Scott's truck! The kids thought this was hilarious! Then, we made a huge pallet. Scott told some stories then they crashed! Seriously, not one peep! All night! They were tired from all the fun! Bright and early, we made snowcones and egg tacos for breakfast!! Yumm...breakfast of champs! Hey, it's cousin camp...where a kid can be a kid! I love this picture of my dad and Chad!! Chad moved to Brownwood (near Fort Worth) to start his new job as a PE teacher! He always wanted to live in the "country!" Veronica is going along with it, but she needs to finish out her teaching contract here! So, they will be making weekend trips for a while until Veronica and the kids move too!


My 34th BIRTHDAY!!!! I woke up to 9 kids on my 34th birthday...the perfect birthday morning! Cousin Camp was on my birthday, and they were all eager to sing to me in the morning! Faith Ann and I got a manicure and pedicure...her first one, which was adorable! Then, I got a massage!! That night, Scott and I went to Escalantes with the kids for dinner! They sang to me, and the kids loved my birthday hat!!! It was a simple birthday...filled with family and fun! Perfection! The best way to ring in another year!


In other news...Hunter lost his top tooth! Around 11pm on my birthday...he walked out to the living room with a bloody smile! He was so excited! And, more big news....I now have a monthly fitness column in Absolutely Memorial Magazine!!! This was my first month, so it was kind of an "introductory." I am looking forward to the future months! SO much has blossomed from my leap of faith the day I decided to let God guide me on my fitness journey! Doors keep opening, I keep saying 'yes' with a grateful heart, I keep giving the glory to God....and I keep on this path with a smile, excitement and a love for fitness! What a big year 34 is going to be for me! I am excited and grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment