Sunday, September 24, 2017

Happy 7th Birthday Hunter!

My first born is SEVEN years old! September 13th was Hunter's 7th BIRTHDAY! He is creative, funny, smart, brave, adventurous, a leader, thoughtful, protective, funny, and so much more! He woke up to a decorated hallway and big boy presents...a hat and a watch! Then, on our way to the bus, we found a gift Uncle Greg left outside for him to start his day!!


Hunter wanted an "ARCTIC party!" What the heck does that mean, and where did that idea come from?! Anyways, I ran with it and we had a great time! I turned our climbing dome into an igloo, complete with a plug in A/C! The igloo got down to 55 degrees, which is an igloo in Houston! It took me over an hour to build this igloo, but worth every minute when I saw his reaction! He asked for Arctic, so I gave him Arctic! The party was on his birthday (Wednesday) right after school. A huge group of boys rode the bus home with Hunter. They ran off that bus all smiles and ready to party!


We put cool whip on a slip and slide and called it a "snow slip and slide!" It was hilarious and so so slippery! The boys made a huge mess, and I did the slip and slide just as much as the kids. It was so fun! Hunter had the idea for his dessert, so I let him do it...he and Trent made them together! He covered rice krispy treats with blue icing and put marshmallows on them...to look like snow! I got Arctic animal napkins, hanging snowflakes and a snow backdrop! It was all out Arctic! I also got snowcones from Bahama Bucks, and the boys loved eating them in the igloo!

I always let my kids pick the theme of their parties, then I do my best to bring the theme to life! Faith Ann had a sprinkle party! Trent had a silly string party! And now Hunter had his Arctic party! Our parties are always 'backyard simple', but full of thought and good ole fun!! Happy Birthday Hunter....you are beyond what I ever dreamed of! You were my first baby, and now you are my first big boy! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment