Monday, May 14, 2018

Mothers Day and More

Before I get to Mothers Day...let's get caught up on day to day life. Scott and I have had a few date nights lately! Friends birthday parties, adults only! It has been so nice to dress up and have our alone time!

Faith Ann is a posing maniac! She puts her hands on her hip, bends a knee and smiles. She is so dang cute! She had her school picture day and we practiced smiles in her "ABC outfit!" Her teachers adore her. She LOVES Ms. Angela...has to be one of Faith Ann's favorite people right now!

Hunter lost a tooth at baseball practice. It was so cute!!! He calmly ran in from left field..."coach, I'm bleeding. I lost a tooth!" All the boys and coaches ran over to see it! So, it was a great photo opportunity for me to capture! So sweet. What a great team! We have made a few trips a week to visit my dad. He is still declining, but still remains comfortable. Trent is his buddy! Trent scratches his back, sits with him in the sun. They have a special bond.

As summer draws near, the kids are starting to get excited as we talk about summer. I LOVE their ages SO MUCH right now. They really want to spend time together, and with me too! So, I plan on soaking it up and enjoying our time together. They love each other hard! We share many simple moments together...but they make big memories.


We plan on going to Westiside a lot this summer. We just joined the club, and the kids are SUPER excited. We have already gone often. Swimming, golf range, batting cages, lunch, indoor playground and more. We have seen friends every time we go, which is even cooler! The kids really look forward to memories and fun at Westside.


And Cinco de Mayo came and went. Faith Ann wore my old dress!!! My mom made it for me 30 years ago!!! It is a precious dress. Faith Ann was excited to pose in it! ha! Hunter and Trent both had their last baseball games, so Faith Ann wore the dress and got tons of compliments. Faith Ann has called the concession stand "Einstein" all season! And calls Gatorade "alligator!!" Sweet girl! Baseball season has wrapped up. The boys had an amazing time. They both learned a lot and had really good teams. Great friends...old and new. We are grateful for the season we had. Looking forward to more. Hunter gained confidence, and Trent gained power...lots of it!


Now, onto Mothers Day. What a special day. We went to church then brunch. Simple morning. The kids were extra sweet and I got tons of cards! Scott got me a manicure gift card. So, after lunch, I got my nails done! Then, we spent the entire afternoon outside. Playing as a family. In the sprinkler, baseball and more. It was simple. It was perfect. What a great mothers day! Just the way I want it. And in memory of my mom....I am even more grateful for the moments with these amazing treasures of life!






No comments:

Post a Comment