Thursday, August 2, 2018

Belize

Wow!! What an amazing trip! Scott and I went to Belize, kid free! To celebrate my upcoming 35th birthday and our 13th wedding anniversary. Scott's mom, Gigi, took over the kids while we were gone. She just moved to San Marcos (from California) so the kids crashed her house for the week.


We took a catamaran day trip to Cay Caulker. A small island neighboring Belize. It was tiny, colorful and full of culture. We swam with sharks and snorkeled along the way. The water was clear, the boat was a smooth ride. We really soaked up the R&R!



We killed some time by being goofy on the beach!! We played with perspective pictures to make it look like Scott was eating me! So funny! We laughed so hard, and just the way I wanted to celebrate our anniversary!


We stayed at a condo in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. It was right on the water. So we had a great front porch view. I sat on the porch for hours every early morning! Then, we had a day at Akbol. A section in San Pedro. It was so peaceful. Such a cool vibe. I took a yoga class, then we ate breakfast on the beach.


We spent the afternoon pool hopping which was adventurous! Some gorgeous pools! Lots of walking and exploring for us, which I LOVE! We stopped at hammocks, palm trees and drank from fresh coconuts. We really enjoyed our dinners! We rented a golf cart and drove the city and stopped at whatever beach hut caught our attention. It is a tiny city, but so glad we got to explore the culture. It is very third world, and amazing people fill that community. It was so special and memorable.



Then, Scott's favorite part of the trip...deep sea fishing! What an adventure!!! We took off early in the morning and went very deep sea! I felt fine for the first hour, then decided I needed to get off the boat! I didn't care what land...I just wanted land, and asap! I didn't want Scott's trip to end, so the captain told us about a nearby island. He headed that way, and I jumped off the boat. Never been so happy to see land!


The captain assured us that the island was safe and had a bar on it. I didn't care...I just wanted to be left alone to feel better! So, Scott headed back out on the boat and I enjoyed my silent time on a secluded island. It was magical! There was one bar, and I came across the bartender who set me up a hammock. It was so perfect, and literally a once in a lifetime experience.


Scott came back to rescue me, and we waded out to go spear fishing. That was a cool experience. Scott loved it and could have played for hours. They caught lots of fish and lobsters. So, we headed back to land to enjoy our lunch. Our captain cooked us what we caught....yummy! The MOST FRESH taste I have ever eaten. I can't even explain how good it was. Lobster, barracuda, and more fish. Vegetable and potato sides. And fresh tortillas. The most amazing anniversary meal in the world!


One more date night to close out our trip. We enjoyed the sunset and our time together. As much as we loved the time away...we loved getting back to our kids even more! Gigi met me half way (between Houston and San Marcos) to do the kid exchange! They had a great time, we had a great time....it was a week that I will forever be grateful for!



No comments:

Post a Comment