Monday, June 10, 2013

Garner State Park

We had a wonderful weekend in Leakey, Tx!! We have my family reunion every summer, and the group keeps getting bigger and bigger every year! It is so fun to get together with all the cousins and babies. The adults have a blast floating, relaxing and visiting while the kids have a blast running, playing and swimming! Scott totally spoiled me on Friday. He completely took over while my girl cousins and I floated the river. We girl talked, had a few drinks and laughed for hours!! We realized it was 7pm when he finally got off the river! He figured out dinner, bedtime for Trent, and played with them for hours! Now that's a good husband!
Hunter is at a perfect age to enjoy camping. He was outside all day and stayed up till 10:00 one night! We were at the dance in Garner, and Hunter said "no more dancin'- time for night night!!" Sweet boy played hard! Trent was at a difficult age to go camping because he wanted down, but I couldn't put him down anywhere because he kept eating grass, thorns and bugs! I laid down a blanket, but he crawled right off. Yep, that's right...crawled!! He is fully mobile and a crawling machine! He stayed in his stroller, in someones arms or swimming in a float the entire weekend. It was a 5 hour road trip, and we were very pleased with how good they did..no major meltdowns in the car, so I would say it was a success!
Crawling and pulling up have been major milestones over here, but we also had a huge milestone this weekend! Hunter just decided- no more diapers! Since then, he has not had one accident. He woke up on Saturday, made up his mind, and just like that- no more diapers!! We have been working on potty training and spending lots of time in his big boy underwear, but this time HE decided it was time. Proof that they will do it in their own time!

Our family camping trip consisted of lots of swimming, floating, eating, campfires, dancing, and outside adventures. It was a fantastic weekend, really!! Scott and I thought it was going to be "work" for us to go camping with the boys, but we were shocked at how much fun we had. We knew the boys would have a blast, it was just an extra bonus that we happened to have a really nice time too! We always enjoy my family. There's never a shortage of drama, laughter, chaos and fun!! 
We are in a transition period right now. I am starting to see Trent become adventurous and curious, while Hunter is really understanding his limits, rules, and boundaries. Hunter was always loud and full of life, but I never covered my outlets, never moved candles from my coffee table, and never locked my cabinets. He literally only played with his toys and never put anything in his mouth. Trent on the other hand is pretty quiet and calm, but I can already tell that my outlets WILL be covered, coffee table will be cleared and cabinets locked!! 5 days of crawling and he has already eaten a june bug, broken a glass, and enjoys crawling to rooms where he is alone! My mom used to say, "watch out for those quiet ones- they will trick you!" These boys are keeping me on my toes, and I am loving the ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment