Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Ninja Fun and More

Ninja is a family event! We all LOVE it!!!! I am still teaching my womens class at the ninja gym, and I am also training people for one on one sessions. This is all really blossoming into a career path that fits in just perfectly to the phase of life I am in! The boys come take a "kid ninja class" while I teach mine. Then, Faith Ann comes during my private sessions. She plays as we have the gym to ourselves! It is a win/win for everyone!
The boys recently did a ninja competition, and they had a blast! They dove in head first and tackled each obstacle. They tried so hard and were very brave. No fear!!! I love how ninja shapes their mind and attitude...it gives them this "I can do anything" edge that will roll over into other areas of their life! I love this about ninja!!!
The skills they are learning are amazing. Core strength, balance, agility, power, decision making, body control, and team work as they cheer for other people! It is so rewarding to watch them love this sport and grow. I am especially proud to watch their confidence grow!
Speaking of competition....I just WON a huge competition!! It was a big deal, and I was so honored to win! This was my first competition to win, and let me tell you....it was HARD! 130 competitors and only 6 people finished the entire course! I was one of those 6, and the only female. And I WON!!!! I have never pushed my body so hard. I was literally numb, but so happy to see and feel my hard work paying off! And it was SO MUCH FUN!!!
The competition was a fundraiser for Lupus. It was an outdoor obstacle course. There were 14 obstacles, back to back!! So so challenging!!! Each obstacle was harder than the last, but I powered through and loved it!!!
Competitors and spectators were all cheering so loud as I tackled each obstacle!! I even got a few new clients out of it! Yall, I love obstacle training SO much...if you haven't noticed. It gives you such mental and physical power and strength! Like nothing I have ever experienced...good for the body and soul! Sister is now on the ninja train too. She loves coming to the gym and she wants to try everything. Sis has no fear and is already so strong! Strong, adventurous, brave....she will be one to watch out for!
Sister is my sidekick. Never leaves my side. She watches everything I do, and she is my shadow. I am truly becoming a better person knowing how much she mimics me!! I adore this girl so much!!! And she is painfully cute! Beautiful! She stops strangers in their tracks! I find myself looking at her and wondering how we created such a beautiful, strong, smart, funny, outgoing, sweet girl!!! I am soaking up every moment!
And my sweet Trent is loving school! He has totally come out of his shell and matured! He loves our "talk time" together. Everyday, I pick him up from school, then lay sis down for a nap. Then, Trent and I sit in his bed and he just talks and talks and talks! He tells me about his day, what he learned, and every detail about everything! I sit and listen to each word, so blessed that he is wanting to talk to me! He is starting to talk more clearly and I love every word!!! Our "talk time" is one of my favorite parts of the day, and he loves the undivided attention! We recently went on a "field trip" to a local park with Trent's class. He was so excited to show me all his friends. All in all...we are in a good, good season of life!!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment