Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25th

This date holds a special place in my heart. 16 years ago today, Scott asked me to be his girlfriend. We celebrated the 25th of every month as a "month-iversary." It started off as celebrating 1, 2, 6, 12 months of dating, then before we knew it we were celebrating 4 years and 3 months..so on. Then, we started celebrating July 16th as our wedding anniversary. But, March 25th will always be such a memorable date to me!
We just knew we were going to be together forever. I know, all teenagers think they are "in love." But, this was different. We didn't dive straight into being in love, we had a different connection from the start. Our souls just meshed together. We "got" each other like no one else. We were only 15 and knew we would get married, some how! We weren't intimidated by high school adventures separating us or college dividing us...we just knew it would work. We had a carefree confidence about our destiny!
Scott was the first to talk about "I know I am always going to be with you." I was a little more hesitant because I was 15 for Heavens sake. But, Scott played it cool and in no time I knew our connection was way more than a 15 year old could comprehend. It was all part of God's plan. God planted the confidence in our hearts, we knew it was forever! So, we enjoyed our journey of growing up together while our destiny awaited us!!
We laughed HARD along the way. We have argued very little. I am emotionally very low maintenance, not much makes me too annoyed or mad. I can brush things off in a heartbeat. Scott is so laid back that nothing really bothers him. So, these dynamics made for lots of fun...LOTS of fun! There were very few bumps in our relationship road. Knowing we would stay together thru thick and thin meant that we always had each other to lean on! We became each others rocks, through it all- we were each others foundation! We literally grew up into one person, unified, to stand together as one!
And now, we have these 3 beautiful children!!! Ahhh, God has blessed us beyond measure. Scott has blessed my life in many ways. Are we perfect? No! But, God certainly made us to be imperfect with each other!! I'm so glad that I said yes when he asked me to be his girlfriend on March 25th, 16 years ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment