Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring Break

Well, this week had lots of rain. However, it didn't slow us down too much! We went to the Rodeo, had a couple birthday parties, enjoyed an extra long Wednesday lunch with daddy, lots of outside play with neighborhood friends, went to my brothers lake house, and had outdoor fun in the rain.
I was planning on taking the kids to the lake house on Friday, but it was raining when I woke. So, I decided to skip the drive. The sun was peaking out here and there, and I was on the treadmill at the gym when I got a wild hair! I called Scott and said, "what if I just jump off this treadmill and grab the kids and go to the lake- now!" He said, "you couldn't do that!" Guess what....I did!! I jumped off the treadmill, put the kids in the car, and left- seriously! I didn't pack one thing, just whatever was in my car!
The kids napped in the car, and it ended up being the perfect little day trip. Since I didn't have swimsuits, the kids went swimming in their clothes. It was kind of nice. No preparation. Just going! We had a blast and drove back late that night. Hunter was SO brave in the water. Jumping off the deck onto the inner tube. Sounds simple, but he kept pushing the tube further and further away. That kid can JUMP! He was flying!
Here it is Saturday, and it is still raining. Scott had an impromptu water balloon fight. He called some friends over, we set up a balloon war with buckets and shields! The kids were running, using the trampoline and picnic table as a shield, and of course using our ditch as a bunker. The kids were cold and soaked! But, they had a blast!
Faith Ann has been right in the middle of all the fun! All the neighborhood kids love entertaining Faith Ann, playing with her, and just loving on her. Soon enough, she will be one of the "hood kids" that roam our street! Ahhh, I am enjoying these days with my baby by my feet! We had a good Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment