Wednesday, December 9, 2015

O' Christmas Tree

My favorite Christmas tradition is cutting down our tree. Scott and I have done this every year since we got married, and the adventure is just getting more and more fun! I will say the trees seemed smaller this year, so we did lots of walking before we found one. However, the kids loved searching. Faith Ann was a trooper and walked the entire time. Trent was my bud and walked and talked with me, held my hand! Hunter was talking the entire time "mommy, look at that one. That one is too tall, that one is too small, let's go that way, this way...." Ha! He couldn't contain his excitement.
We finally found it and Scott cut it down. The kids loved the tractor hay ride. Faith Ann's boot fell off, and I jumped off the moving tractor. Anything to save an adorable red boot!! People started yelling at the driver to stop!! Scott just rolled his eyes and said he was surprised I didn't sprint to catch up and dive back on. Bless his heart, he is so used to my impulsiveness! 
We headed home and had to entertain Faith Ann the ride home to keep her awake. They took long naps while Scott and I moved furniture around and set up the tree. I put some lights on it, set out the ornaments and got things ready. After we ate dinner, the decorating began!
We let the kids decorate all on their own. My goal is not a masterpiece! My goal is a "happy Christmas tree" full of joy! The boys put a lot of hard work into the tree, and they are very proud of it. They had a blast!! I could feel their excitement filling our home!!
Our house is officially ready for Christmas! I love it! I love the coziness, lights and my moms old decorations. Such a happy time! I want to bottle up the kids innocence and joy!! Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment