Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Season

It's here!!! Christmas time! What a joyful time of year, and we have kicked off December with a bang! The first weekend of December, we always celebrate with my dads side of the family. There are so many of us that we get together early on before conflicts interfere with our gathering! We always look forward to this party, it seems to kick us into holiday gear!
There are a lot of young children, so there is a lot of noise and memories being made. It is such a blessing for my children to be able to grow with a big group of cousins. There is nothing like a cousin!! I always love to see my cousins at this gathering. There's just a close connection and excitement that come along with cousins. We go to my cousin, Lacey's house. She has a beautiful home in the Heights. We had brunch and everyone pitched in brunch items. The kids loved their gifts, and Ms. Diva got accessories galore!
Speaking of gifts, I bought this zip line game for my nephew. I remember playing with this at P.E in elementary school- I was so excited to buy it. Well, the adults had a blast and laughed so hard!! I couldn't remember exactly how to play, but we had so much fun trying to figure it out. Hilarious memories made.
We made a trip to see Santa, which was memorable. Anxiety attack!! That's all I can say about Faith Ann. Trent has brave but hesitant. Hunter took on the "protection" role and tried to comfort Faith Ann. She was not having it! But, they looked adorable and we got a priceless picture. We wrote our letters to Santa before we went, which was also a very sweet moment! Hunter wants a "ninja gym" with a rock wall, climbing rope and warped wall...haha! We will see how that goes! Trent wants a circle net swing and a minion wallet! He loves that swing! And Faith Ann just wants to get away from Santa!
The weather has really been cold lately! It warms up nicely in the afternoon, but we have some chilly mornings. The long sleeves and boots are out! Every morning I dress the kids, I think "man, they are cute!" I know I may be biased, but they are just so adorable...inside and out!
We have continued to play outside...in the rain and cold too! Faith Ann is such a dare devil! She has no fear (well except for Santa!) She plays like a 5 year old. Climbs up the pole to get onto the big trampoline, then zips the net shut and jumps away! She tries to dribble the basketball, shoot hoops, ride bikes and skateboards! She cracks me up!
 
Nov 29th was Bentley's 8th birthday! We celebrated by taking the boys to Pets Mart and letting them each pick out a gift. Hunter also colored her a picture to hang on her food bucket!! So sweet!! We all sung Happy Birthday to her, and the kids LOVED this celebration for Bentley! We adore Bentley, she is a very important puzzle piece to our family! So, we have enjoyed the beginning of our Christmas season. Looking forward to the rest of the month!






No comments:

Post a Comment