Saturday, November 28, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

To say we are thankful is an understatement. When we said our prayers on Thanksgiving night, we said "thank you God for all the blessings...those that we are aware of and unaware of." I meant that! You know when things change and you look back and think 'man, I had it good!' Well, I am thankful for being in the now. Those blessings that I may not even be aware of or those blessings that I may overlook...I am grateful for every last one! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We spent the day cooking at home, playing outside with the street kids! The door was open, kids were in and out. Kids were in their pajamas running outside barefoot. The simple things!!! We had a great morning! The kids got filthy playing outside, so we had a mid day bath before nap.
We headed to my brother, Chad's house. Chad and Veronica are great hosts! Their house is a wonderful "kid house!" All the cousins, tons of games, lots of laughter! The adults got the food together and visited. My dad didn't feel that great, but was able to join the fun. He perked up a bit towards the end of the night. He says, "getting old is not for sissy's!!" Haha! True!
Faith Ann was right in the middle of all the kids! Playing and running hard. She was so adorable with her little spunky attitude. She was making everyone laugh! Well....maybe not me because she pooped all over me! Seriously! We saw poop on the ground. Confused, we picked up Faith Ann only to get it all over me! What happened to that diaper?? Don't know, but I had to wear Veronica's yoga pants and do a load of laundry! Faith Ann just laughed!!
The food was delicious, so perfect! We all ate around my parents old dining room table which always makes me think of mom. Of course, she is always missed! She would have been over the moon to be there with us, right in the middle...cooking, laughing, playing with thegrandkids! But her spirit continues to grace us!
My brother, Beau, took pictures. So, I will add pictures he took at Chad's house once I get them...we will see if that happens! We then headed over to Scott's cousins house. There aren't any kids, so our kids are always the center of attention. Scott's bachelor uncle gave Faith Ann a plate of cool whip and a spoon! I didn't say anything. Everyone was happy so I just let it happen! Ummm...hilarious!! She was literally bouncing off the walls. Running back and forth, hitting wall to wall with a huge smile and a deep chuckle laugh! Where was uncle Micheal?? Smoking his cigar while we were dealing with the sugar high! Scott and the cousins got a great laugh because they remember Uncle Micheal doing these same type of things to them!
We had a memorable day. A great Thanksgiving! Looking forward to the Christmas season. I love the holidays, and having my sweet babies makes the holidays even sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment