Friday, April 1, 2016

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! First off, I have to acknowledge Faith Ann's adorable dress. She looked precious! The colors were beautiful, the pattern and the details are perfection! It's not the traditional smocked dress, which I was drawn to. Sister looked like a precious moment doll in her Easter dress! One, of the many many reasons, that I love having a little girl!
\
We had a long weekend, and we went out of town to my brothers lake house. So, the Easter bunny came to our house on Good Friday. The boys were shocked and beyond excited. Hunter got a "fit bit"...thanks to Five Below! This "fit bit" is perfect for a 5 year old, and now Hunter feels as cool as his older cousins! Trent got bases to practice Tball. He was so happy! He ran outside and set them out to start practicing! Faith Ann got her own big girl brush. So, she can stop stealing and hiding mine! She hasn't put down her brush since! They got a few other goodies (coloring books and candy.) But, the Easter bunny keeps things pretty simple as we try not to "over materialize" this wonderful day.
The Easter bunny hid eggs. Hunter and Trent loved hunting, and the Easter bunny enjoyed hiding their eggs a little more challenging this year. However, Faith Ann wanted nothing to do with the eggs! She did not want one egg in her basket. She would scream "NO" and fuss until Scott took the egg out...she didn't even want to touch them!
Then off the Lake Livingston. We always have fun at my brothers lake house. My dad came too to celebrate Easter. Traveling is getting harder and harder on him, so we were so happy that be was able to enjoy the weekend. We started off with the local parade and egg hunt. Again, Faith Ann not an egg fan! But, she is warming up to it! The boys filled their buckets to the brim!
We even got to enjoy some water fun. I LOVE water sports. Scott says I could be a stunt woman in movies for water sports! Ha! I can do all sorts of tricks on jet skis. The boys were obsessed and kept wanting to ride with mommy! They are so brave! They kept wanting me to "do those fun turns!" I may have made everyone else nervous, but the boys and I had a great time! Then, I got creative by trying to make a water slide. I propped up an old slide on a tree and put the hose on it. It was fun and very funny!! Needless to say, the kids had a blast!
We had lots of egg hunts, golf cart rides, ping pong, and outdoor fun! This picture of Hunter and Faith Ann is my favorite! It really captures their friendship and love for each other! Hunter is getting so mature, and he had a blast! Faith Ann is still at that awful age to be around water, so we stayed by her side most of the time...Ally gave us a break from time to time. Good ole Ally!
Easter morning, we all woke up to the kids dying to go downstairs! The Easter bunny came to the lake!! My dad always likes to fill baskets on behalf of he and my mom. So, I do the shopping and put them together. My dad sits back and watches his grandchildren enjoy the loot! Trent got a little race car track that he is obsessed with! Faith Ann got a Barbie doll that had her head twisted, legs backwards, and lost shoes in about 5 minutes! But they had a great morning. Another egg hunt too!
When we got home, I was back to ninja training! Sam Sann has some crazy new obstacles that I got to practice. He is so good at creating obstacles that challenge every muscle, concentration and bravery as you throw yourself 12 feet in the air!! I will know if I made it on the show in the next 3 weeks or so!! If I do get the call, I will head to Oklahoma City for our regions taping! Either way, I am blessed to be on this journey and see where God takes me! It was a Happy Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment