Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter Happenings

Easter has always been a favorite holiday of mine. There is such a "freshness" to it. It restarts and energizes me! My mom loved Easter, so her spirit is even heavier on my heart during this time of year. I have a unique perspective as I hold my family close each and every holiday. But, Easter is just so special in many ways. I adore my family, and my kids are at the most precious ages right now. I want to press the pause button and enjoy this phase for as long as I can!
The boys are like glue to each other. They are truly each others other half! Best friends on a whole other level!!! And sister can do no wrong in their eyes. They worship the ground she walks on, and she is learning to take advantage of that! She is so incredibly sassy! She is also hysterical and adorable!
Then, there is the Easter bunny! I was impressed with the boys this year. Hunter and Trent both did great. They were brave and excited. Faith Ann...NO WAY! She was having an anxiety attack. She would not let go of my shirt. Grabbing my hair, necklace, anything she could hold on to! We spent Easter at my brothers lake house. Trent was concerned that the Easter bunny wasn't going to know where we were. So, he ran back to him and yelled from the sidelines "Easter bunny, we are going to Ally and Jake's lake house, that is where we will be, okay??" The Easter bunny waved to him, so all was good! Well, sister took a while to recover!
Once she recovered, we took some pictures at home. She is almost 2 years old, so I wanted to get some pictures while she was dressed up to document these last baby days! She is just too much for words. She gives the biggest "shuggies!" Shuggies is our word for big kisses! She puckers her lips and plants shuggies on you! I LOVE it! She gives shuggies to everyone at the nursery when we are leaving the gym, someones house, church! A true Southern girl! Love her to pieces!
Easter is always fun at school. Rummel Creek had an "art car parade." The Pre-K students got to decorate a car and parade around the entire school. Hunter wanted an Easter themed car. He said, "I want an Easter all over car." Scott said it looked a little girly, and Hunter quickly responded with..."not girly at all daddy, that is all Easter!" ha! He LOVED it. He helped me put the Easter grass and eggs on. He was very proud of it! The parade was adorable and Gigi came to watch too. She is in town from California, so Hunter was happy to have her at his school.
Trent had an "Easter hat parade" at his school. We put Easter eggs on a hat and Trent colored it. He loved going to the Rummel Creek parade then all of us went to his parade afterwards. It was a big morning, and it was wonderful! I love the picture of Trent spotting me in the parade. His modest smile exuding excitement!! This picture of Faith Ann cracks me up! Looks like we have a future Beyonce! Her posing with her chest out just makes me laugh so hard! I said, "Scott your one year old has cleavage, not a good sign!" Scott said, "I'm not worried about it, her attitude will scare all the guys away!" Ha!
The rest of our pre-Easter days were filled with egg dying, Tball and bike riding! Cousin Ally came to dye eggs with us. What would I do without her?? She is my helper! I appreciate her so much! Hunter and Trent are on the same Tball team, which we are beyond excited about. Scott is the coach, so this season will go in the books as my most favorite season ever!! And Trent rides his bike ALL the time. All day! Around the 'morning tree' at the end of our culdesac and back...over and over and over! He is amazing on his bike. He's one to watch out for, he's gonna be somethin' else! Now, off to celebrate Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment