Saturday, March 5, 2016

New Jersey and More

What an adventure! Wow! My National Ninja competition in New Jersey was a trip of a lifetime. It was an honor to deserve a spot in the competition. The top 5 from each region made into the New Jersey competition, well I was one of those 5. I was super stoked to go to the Nationals! First off...I traveled alone which was a huge deal for me. I have never driven more than a couple hours alone much less drive to airport, fly, shuttle, cab, hotel...all alone! In some ways, I was more anxious about traveling than the competition!

But I made it just fine! Scott had everything prepaid, preregistered and organized for me. That made it MUCH easier! Scott took off work and stayed home with the kids. We decided for me to go alone because the trip was so ninja packed, that Scott would have been doing lots of sitting and waiting. We are happy with our decision...I tackled a lot on my own and became more independent. And Scott enjoyed his time with the kids! The first night was open gym. We got to play on all the obstacles, and I had a BLAST! I got to try many obstacles that I have been dying to try. I did great, and I enjoyed watching the pro's! Everyone from the show was there, so it was quiet entertaining to watch them do their thing! I learned a lot!
What is a ninja competition without flexing muscles?! Well, I took a stab at the flexing thing and made everyone laugh because I didn't know "how" to flex! They all instructed me on the proper way to flex, who knew there is a technique to flexing?! But, that kicked off the weekend with lots of fun and laughs! The people are all amazing!! They are all so unbelievably strong and in control of their bodies, amazing! They are also dare devils! We went out late after the competition and ended up getting kicked out of the bar because we were "too dangerous" on the dance floor! They were throwing me around, lifting me up, jumping, flipping! The pic shows me upside down in the air!! So, we left the dance floor and they took their street skills outside (as I displayed their talents!) Such a diverse, wonderful, free spirited and encouraging group of people!
 

So about the competition...I was one of the top girls, which was amazing. But, I didn't make it past round 1. Actually, only a small handful of guys (no girls) finished round 1. Then, only 4 to round 2. Then no one finished round 3. That tells you how intense this competition was! This cargo net jump is what took me out! We had to jump (with no running start) from that trampoline up to that cargo net, which was about 12-15ish feet in the air! My left hand grabbed it, but then the momentum of my legs threw me backwards...hard! A few flips down to the ground! I learned I need to practice the trampoline and also need to be more impulsive! I have to just go and let my body take over my mind. The less I think, the better I do! And, I hung out with Geoff Britten. The first American Ninja Warrior to go all the way! He is a legend in the ninja world. I learned GREAT tips from amazing people! So now what??? Well, I wait to see if I get the call to be on the show! Our region films mid May, and they call about 4 weeks before filming. So, I should know April sometime. I hope I get the call, but I am grateful for my journey so far. I turn my journey over to God...His timing is always perfect!
I am performing next weekend at the Children's Museum! They are setting up an "American Ninja Warrior exhibit." They asked me to perform some obstacles for the audience. That will be cool! Of course, Scott and the kids are coming! It's such a neat adventure. Doors opening, new relationships formed, all awesome! Blessings are in store when you do what you love! I love living out the promise I made to my mom. She told me on her deathbed,  "be the healthiest, strongest mom you can be for your kids!" So, why not be a ninja?!! Getting strong in the coolest, most fun way ever!
Meanwhile back at home....walks with dogs, afternoons with Pardner, basketball games and school events! I love this picture of Faith Ann hugging Zoe on the walk! And the kids playing in the backyard, reading a book to my dad! Hunter played his last basketball game, and was a little rock star! He was a dribbling machine, made 3 baskets, stole the ball, and had a blast. So proud of his confidence! He is such a vibrant, confident, brave boy. He has no fear. He is calculated in his risk, but he is willing to jump out of his comfort zone to live life!
Trent and Faith Ann...these 2!!! They are sidekicks! I enjoy my alone time with them when Hunter is in school. Faith Ann follows behind Trent and does whatever he does. It is so cute! Trent still has my heart! He is so beautiful, soft, gentle, patient, cool and tough as nails! He is my bud. Scott calls us soulmates because we just have this bond that is indescribable. Yes, I have an amazing bond with all my children and love them all the same! Each bond is unique. There's just something about Trent, he hits my soft spot! 

Then there's diva! She hits my laid back spot! She makes me live in the moment. She makes me laugh like no other. She is everything I dreamed of...with a lot more sass! She loves our Wednesday lunches with Scott. Mr. P, the shoe shine man, gives her candy. Here she is, full of personality, taking over daddy's office!! So, all in all...great trip to Jersey. I learned a lot, missed my kids, appreciate my husband and loving life!

No comments:

Post a Comment