Sunday, March 20, 2016

Trent the Bike Rider and Spring Break

Trent learned how to ride his bike...3 years old!!! March 19, 2016. This shows his skill level. He is tough, adaptable, athletic, coordinated and has this quiet confidence through it all! Cousin Jim passed down his bike the other day. So, Trent quietly had his eye on it. Then, he picked it up and off he went. Literally, just like that.  A new chapter has begun in our lives...brothers riding bikes together! I love these pictures. Trent has a confident focused look on his face, Scott is protectively letting him grow up, and Bentley is close behind! Such a wonderful memory captured! 
The last day of school before Spring Break was special. I signed up to be mystery reader in Hunter's class. Scott went to work late, and we all surprised Hunter. The teacher gave clues, then we walked in the class. Hunter was beaming with joy! He ran to me with open arms and said "mommmmmy!!!" He may be growing up, but he is still my little boy. Always will be!
These boys are just too cute these days. They are blossoming into big boys. Each with their own identity, but their bond inseparable. They are rock solid in their loyalty and friendship. I admire their love for each other. They are the definition of "best friends." The way best friends should be. I just pray that their bond lasts a lifetime!
Spring time means pretty dresses! Faith Ann has beautiful Spring dresses, and I am so excited to dress her for church every Sunday! She may be sassy and tough, but I she can still look like a princess in her dresses! However, we do have to bribe her these days for pictures....with food, snacks, toys! She is on the go!
Our neighbor has beautiful azalea bushes. So, we took the photo opportunity the other day. The flowers are in full bloom and are breathtaking. The boys had forced smiles, but we still got some pretty good pictures. These document our Spring Break 2016!
And the adventure of Spring Break was me performing at the Children's Museum!! They had an American Ninja Warrior exhibit, and I was asked to perform obstacles. It was AMAZING! We had to do some marketing with pictures and newscast! So, I appeared LIVE in KHOU, which was pretty cool. The boys thought is was awesome to see their mommy on TV. They ask to watch it everyday!
The performance was a great experience. Sam Sann set up rings, salmon ladder, cliffhanger, lache bars and the warped wall. So, he talked while I did the obstacles. My dad, Scott and the kids came. That was my dads first time to watch me on obstacles. He was proud and cheering at every little thing I did! He gave me a standing ovation when I made it on top of the warped wall! So cute to see him so proud! He said he was most proud of my determination, and that I am being an example to my children...an example of perseverance, big dreams and hard work! He got a little teary eyed when he said, "your mother would be so proud that you are breaking the mold, making life fun, and living an example of health for your children!" And that is my goal in a nutshell...to be the strongest and healthiest I can be for my family, and have fun along the way! Making fitness a journey for all to enjoy, and we sure are enjoying it! Opening doors and blessing our lives in many ways!
Then, the kids got to play at the other exhibits at the museum. It was an action packed weekend! Then, we filled our week with outdoor play. Which led to pull up practice! By the way, Hunter can crush pull ups...amazing for a 5 year old! We have had cousin slumber parties, play dates and late nights! The kids are sleeping in late with the time change! School mornings may be a challenge to adjust to. But, they had a wonderful and memorable spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment