Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy Fathers Day

It was a simple day, just the way Scott likes it! I made a big breakfast and let Scott sleep for a little while...little is the keyword because the kids were eager to tell him Happy Fathers Day! Then my dad came to church with us, which is always nice to have him with us. We went out to Guadalajara for Mexican food lunch. Dad loves their tamales! We had a nice lunch!
Scott went to hit golf balls with his dad, then we went swimming at Uncle Greg's with Scotts dad. Scott had a blast swimming and watching his kids maneuver so good in the water! We gave him a picture holder for his office with some adorable pictures of he and the kids!
Scott is a wonderful father. Our children are blessed to have him as their role model. Scott is kind, patient, gentle, steady, adventurous, and loving! Funny...because those are all words I use to explain my dad too! Happy Fathers Day to the two most special dads in my life! Scott, Dad...I love you!
The summer heat is here!!! Our kids live outside, so we create a lot of adventures. I brave the heat and join the fun. We made "turtle traps" out of paper plates, string, carrots, and bread. We placed the traps at the bayou down the street from us. We feed the turtles there often (Sherman the turtle.) So, we made turtle traps and I told the boys that we would raise whatever we caught! Thankfully, there was nothing in them when we went back to check! Ha! But, I love spending our summer days together. I read a quote the other day..."if you want good kids- spend half the money and double your time with them." Amen! I agree. So, we may create traps out of paper plates, but we sure are having fun!
And the rope picture!! Oh my! Hunter is a ninja at heart!! That child can climb that rope all the way to the limb. It's in his blood. He just has to jump, climb, swing, pull up! I understand, so I just let him go! I watch him closely, and I continue to be amazed at his strength and control! Cheers to summer adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment