Sunday, June 12, 2016

That's a Wrap

School is out for summer!!! Trent will be in PreK next year and Hunter will be in Kindergarten! Trent will be doing PreK at church (MDUMC) next year, then PreK again at Rummel Creek. That is the plan for now. Hunter will still be at Rummel Creek. As the school year ends, I look back and realize how wonderful this year has been! It was smooth, happy, fun and the kids learned so much. They both matured and grew. I am so happy to see them blossom in such loving environments! Scott came with us to drop Trent off for his last day of school. Trent got to wear a crown because they celebrated summer birthdays. He felt special, it was HIS day!!
Faith Ann loves walking him into class. She gives him big hugs! She has also grown so much this year too. Her confidence is off the charts as we enter Trent's school. She will be ready when it is her time. But, for now, I keep her with me one more year! I remember my mom telling me, "let a baby be a baby as long as possible." That played in my mind as I considered putting her into school. I heard my moms voice and remembered, my baby us just 2! TWO! That is still a baby, and I am going to hold onto these last baby moments as long as I can! Besides, she gets PLENTY of social interaction and learning opportunities! I have been SO happy with my decision to start Trent at 3 years old, he did amazing this year! His teachers said that he is really ahead of the curve and has the sweetest heart...they are right about that!! And the picture of them brushing their teeth...I just couldn't help it! Look at that tooshie! Love these moments!
Hunter had an eventful last week of PreK. They had "water day," and he loved it. Trent, Faith Ann and I went to take part in the fun. Hunter is such a social guy, he is right in the middle of all his friends, having a blast. He always makes a point to include Trent and Faith Ann. Hunter is very thoughtful, which is a trait I hope he holds onto forever! Rummel Creek also does "Boogie Down Britmoore." This is a tradition that the entire school throws water balloons at the 5th graders as they leave elementary school!! The 5th graders run down Britmoore, we line the streets and throw balloons at them. The kids love it, and the parents have a blast too! Scott got right in the middle of the tradition! We have a great neighborhood, great community, great church, great schools...we are blessed!
We closed out Tball season and received these adorable pictures. I LOVE these pictures. Such innocent, eager and joyful faces!!! That's what Tball is all about! We were so happy with this season, and I pray that all of our future sports seasons are filled with this much happiness! Then, my family came over to celebrate May/June birthdays, Mothers Day and Fathers Day! It was a big celebration and a great way to kick off summer! Good bye school year 2015-2016! Welcome Summer 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment