Saturday, August 27, 2016

End of Summer 2016

Good bye summer 2016! It has been a wonderful summer. Simple summer days with outdoor play, swimming, neighbors, trips and family fun! Faith Ann has become a little girl this summer. She is not a baby anymore!!! No more bottle, no more highchair!! Ahhhh! I can't even process this! I still treat her like my newborn! I just adore this sweet girl too much! So, most of this post is pictures of Faith Ann! I want to bottle her up and keep her like this forever!!! She is in the most adorable stage! I am SO happy with my decision to keep her home with me this year. I want to keep her with me as long as I can. She keeps me laughing, she keeps me simple, she keeps me living in the moment! I LOVE HER TOO MUCH!
Scott and I took Hunter to "meet the teacher" at Rummel Creek. He got Mrs. Timmreck for kindergarten. We had a good morning meeting his teacher and classmates. He is going to have a great year. I love so many of the moms, we are going to have a good grade. I am looking forward to the years ahead with these moms as our kids age!
Gigi is in town and she stayed at our house for Scott and I to have a get away weekend. We were planning to go to Lake Charles for some gambling and sun! But, Louisiana is having record flooding and it is devastating! So, we had to change our plans. We had a "staycation!" Meaning, we stayed in a hotel in Houston and enjoyed dinners, spas, dates, swimming and quiet time!
Gigi did great at home with the kiddos. She was pooped afterwards, ha! But, the kids always love spending time with Gigi. We were happy to get home and get ready for school! We felt refreshed and ready to get back in gear for the school year!
And for the record, if you look at previous posts you will see that I have been trying to get better at yoga! Yoga is great for core strength, stability and balance. So, I have been practicing. I tried this pose a few weeks ago and wasn't even close to succeeding! However, I finally got it! This pose is way harder than it looks! I was so excited to finally get it, and I will tell you that I feel a difference in my core strength since spending time with yoga! So, go ahead and try a yoga class, just don't try this pose unless you have mats under you! I fell a few times, ha! Still loving my ninja time and looking forward to the school year! Bye summer 2016...you were fantastic! It will be hard to top this summer!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment