Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas Tree Tradition

We kicked off Christmas with cutting down our Christmas tree. This is our favorite Christmas tradition! We make a picnic lunch and spend the day doing hay rides, playing and finding the right tree! Scott challenged me to hold the tree over my head...so I did, haha! The lady who took the picture said, "oh, is that heavy?!" Ummmm...yes, a 7.5 foot pine tree is heavy! But made for funny pictures and good laughs!


We found the right one! The boys picked it out, and we spent a lot of time making sure before Scott cut! I tried a few ninja tricks, which ended up with pine sap all over me. But, again, good laughs! The boys were all about the tree farm this year. Faith Ann was just along for the ride and had fun! This will be a tradition we continue!

We got home, put on Christmas pajamas, made hot chocolate and cookies...then it was time to decorate! We turned on Christmas music and let the kids totally decorate all by themselves. I put on the lights, but they did everything else. Scott held them up for the higher spots. Of course, our Mickey Mouse hat makes for the perfect star!




I shop all year long for my entire family. I do all the shopping my mom used to do. So, I buy for all the "grandkids" and for my siblings on behalf of my mom and dad. My dad wanted to continue the tradition of gifts that my mom used to buy, but he didn't even know how to start! So, I have taken over this since mom passed 10.5 years ago. I've become a pro! I even have them all wrapped! So, this is what our tree looked like the night we decorated it...full gifts and Christmas cheer! The kids love to see the gifts all month, knowing that I bought them to honor my moms love for Christmas! Welcome Christmas season...we are ready for you!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment