Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Season

Christmas 2017 is here!!! We kicked off the season with our favorite tradition...cutting down our Christmas tree. We have done this every year since we were married, and each year gets more and more fun!!! the kids love it and we always get the perfect tree! Trent cut it down this year.


 
We then filled our home with Christmas once we decorated our tree. I surprised the kids with Christmas pajamas and an elf that has their names on them! We made cookies as we decorated the tree. I always remember my moms last Christmas...she had her only 2 grandkids decorate the tree. All the ornaments were on one branch, and she said "just the way I want my last Christmas tree!" I reflect on that as I am tempted to have a "beautiful professional" looking tree. I remember that a tree filled with child bliss will be one of my final wishes! So, I will love every year that my tree is filled with paper ornaments, mismatched ribbons and a Mickey Mouse star!



We always celebrate Christmas with my dads side of the family early. My aunts and cousins all come into Houston and we have a day full of family. It was extra special this year with the condition of my dad. We are SO grateful he was able to ride in a car and make it to my house. His sisters didn't leave his side. This is a special Christmas. My house was full of kids and food...and priceless memories. I just love hosting all the fun! Of course, we played outside for hours. We had an intense game of kickball going on. Dad had to take a couple naps, but he managed to stay the entire time and enjoyed the company!






And SNOW!!!!! It actually snowed in Houston! Like REAL SNOW! It was magical to wake up to a white winter wonderland! The kids were beaming with joy and excitement! We also made our Santa visit. No tears at all...just happiness. The boys had a long conversation about their list. Faith Ann just told him how much she wants skates! My sweet girl. They each have 3 things on their list because Jesus was brought 3 gifts when He was born. Hunter wants a ninja slackline, remote helicopter and an Etch-a-Sketch! Trent wants a Houston Texans pillow, baseball catch net, and a hunting outfit! Faith Ann wants skates, purple unicorn wallet, and a Barbie doll that drives a car!!! Sounds like a magical Christmas to me!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment