Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Merry Christmas 2017

School is out and time to celebrate! The kids were so excited about Christmas break. Scott and I had a few parties. It's always nice to get dressed up sometimes! The kids joined us to a few parties too. The rest of the days were filled with wrapping, playing with friends and food! Lots of Christmas goodies! And we squeezed in a few more Santa visits too!
I LOVE this pic of the kids. It is totally their personalities. Trent...Mr.Cool! Hunter...full of joy! And Faith Ann...Miss Sassy! I have enjoyed this season so much. They are at perfect ages to enjoy the holiday fun! Their belief, faith and joy is contagious!
Christmas Eve!! What a day! The Evetts clan and Mom's family (Jim, Janis and Katie.) Dad didn't tell us that he had dialysis that morning. He thought he could skip it since "he had a party to get to!" Well, the dialysis clinic called me to let me know he didn't show up...and this was 30 minutes before the party! You can't just skip dialysis!!! That's not how it works. He would have been very sick! So, I called him. He was mad that the clinic called me to "tattletale!" ha! Needless to say..he had to go to dialysis and the party started a few hours later!
Chad and Veronica came in town, and they spent the night! So, the kids got extra cousin play time. The party was very casual and fun! We had our traditional gumbo lunch. Then, we opened all the gifts from my dad. I shop all year long for these gifts, so it's always fun to watch my family open them. My sister-in-laws joke that they replenish their wardrobe every Christmas...I love finding them great gifts! We then went to Christmas Eve church after the party. The kids sat through the service...well, kinda sat! Faith Ann was all over the place, but it was a great candlelight service! We always open their gift from us Christmas Eve. They all got pajamas, book, and an athletic outfit! Practical gifts that they were excited about!
Christmas morning! It was SO SO fun to have the cousins spend the night. They woke up and ran out to see their Santa stacks! Their stockings were filled, and they each had their 3 Santa gifts! Plus the one from their drawn sibling name...they couldn't wait to open! Trent tried to act cool and like he "wasn't excited!" Hunter was full of talking and joy! Beaming! Faith Ann quietly grinned with each gift. They all have their unique way of living in the moment of excitement!
I then cooked a million eggs and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. The rest of the day was filled with Scott and my brother Chad building stuff! Hunter's ninja slackline, Trent's baseball net and football goal! We played with Hunter's remote helicopter, Faith Ann's skates, Barbie dolls! Cousins and kids filled my home and yard. Playing kickball and more! Scott's dad and brother came over for lunch. They cooked backstrap and tamales! The perfect day! A wonderful Christmas, and the close of a memorable year!!! Goodbye 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment