Thursday, September 27, 2018

Hunter's 8th Birthday

8 years old!!! September 13th is my first baby's birthday! I adore you, Hunter! We had a great day to celebrate such a unique soul! Daddy ran to the store to grab donuts for birthday breakfast. Hunter doesn't really like donuts, but he loves candles and chocolate milk, so he was a happy camper!

I took the kids lunch at school, which is always a treat! Scott and I had "Back to School" parent night at school that evening. So, I let Hunter pick where we ate an early dinner. He chose Pappy's!! Scott's family met us there, and we had a great time!!! Hunter was all smiles. Especially since Macy and Kinsley are still visiting from the Virgin Islands. After dinner, Macy played at our house while Scott and I went to parent night.

Then, that weekend was party time!!!! Hunter had his party at the ninja gym...his favorite place in the world!!! Hunter chose Nick and Jared to work his party because he always plays with them while I train there. They don't usually work birthday parties, but they were so excited to lead Hunters party! They went all out, and these boys had a very memorable time! Since I teach classes there, we were able to bend some rules. We way passed the "capped number of guests!" And nearly 30 second grade boys have LOTS of energy, and it was so so fun to watch!


Hunter was beaming with joy the entire party. Bouncing from obstacle to obstacle. His friends were amazed at his strength...I am too. He is really strong and brave! Faith Ann was right behind them...more than keeping up. She was setting the pace and completed way more obstacles than most of these boys. She is something else!!! Unbelievable! And my Trent was in the middle of it all...a lot of these boys are his friends too, so he was having a blast!

We went with the "American" theme for American Ninja Warrior. Scott's mom and Macy decorated the room while I was on the obstacles with the kids! haha! They did great. The room looked so patriotic and festive. Hunter picked out his own cookie cake, and we had pizza.



Happy 8th Birthday my sweet boy. You are kind, thoughtful, brave, witty, joyful, spontaneous, smart, an over achiever, everyone's friend, and you continue to motivate me with your adorable soul! I can't believe you are EIGHT!!!! I so badly want time to slow down...however, I love watching you soar!


No comments:

Post a Comment