Thursday, August 31, 2023

Camp Blessing- Mighty Movers

 This was a huge week! The first week of my program, Mighty Movers at Camp Blessing. I have been taking my kids to serve the past couple years, so I decided to start a program where I take other children to serve. The response was huge!! I am taking 40 kids this summer. Round one was in June, and I took 20 kids and had awesome volunteer moms come serve with me. Hunter was at camp there serving in their middle school program. So, it was a great week for everyone. I stayed 3 days with my group of kids, and I drove a large van full of kids. This was a huge undertaking, and I learned as I gear up for another session. 






My Mighty Movers were so brave and went out of their comfort zone. We learned a lot and practiced some new skills. It is such an honor to be the one that put this together. I believe children need to learn empathy, patience, gratefulness and perspective. In a world that it is so easy to raise selfish, self centered children....I wanted to intentionally create something they could sacrifice and grow by doing God's work. This program will only grow, and I am excited to be on the journey. Amen to letting Jesus take the wheel on this one. I will follow!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment