Thursday, August 31, 2023

Hot Springs, Arkansas

 Family get away to Hot Springs, Arkansas. What an unexpected, beautiful trip. It wasn't a bad drive, and Lou came with us! We stopped to go diamond mining, which was not a family favorite. HA! It was hot, dirty, a lot of walking and pointless digging. But, we did it!! 




We finished the drive to our yurt in Hot Springs. It was so neat. I am definitely a yurt fan. We stayed on Lake Catherine, which was beautiful. We rented a boat for a day on the water. We parked to go swim at a beach. We had a picnic lunch, fished and just cruised the amazing lake. So simple, yet so awesome. I really enjoyed my time with just the 5 of us. 










We also hiked Hot Springs National Park. But first, we ate at an adorable and delicious breakfast diner in town. Then, we went on our hike. We could have spent the entire day hiking a variety of trails. We then headed to the State park, where we hiked to a cool waterfall. Again, a simple day. Yet, so perfect. Just the 5 of us in nature! 









July 2nd, 2023...5 years after dad died, on moms birthday. I am so grateful to have spent the day on a pontoon boat in their memory. Just my family. My dad loved our pontoon boat, so many memories. I miss my parents beyond words, but I know they would have loved this simple vacation. We love you, Zsa Zsa and Parder! 




No comments:

Post a Comment