Sunday, January 21, 2024

Hunters Elbow Injury/Surgery

The biggest injury in our family to date. Hunter's right elbow! He was wrestling with friends, rough housing. He got yanked and thrown off, and he landed with arm straight. Dislocated and fractured his elbow. It was AWFUL!!!! It was on the weekend, and he was at the Aston's house, so MaryKathryn dealt with the chaos. I was helping move furniture at Scott's office in the Galleria. It felt like it took me forever to get to him. Terrible. MaryKathryn drove him to the ER, and he was in extreme pain when I got there. MaryKathryn stayed the entire time with me at the hospital, and I am so blessed and grateful to have great friends! He had to be sedated for them to pop his elbow back in place! The whole thing was 2 hours of intense pain and trauma. He got it wrapped and we followed up with Orthopedic doctor. 





He got a huge surgery!! Dr. Brock put a huge screw in his elbow. Long recovery. He will be in cast for 4 weeks, then brace for a few more weeks. Then loads of physical therapy and work! It is 3 months post surgery (as I type this) and he is still recovering and can't straighten his elbow. This will be a long road. But, he handled the surgery like a champ. His cast is huge! I am proud of him for being so tough. This was a  BIG one!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment