Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blessed Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Scott and I say our prayers with Hunter as we tuck him in, and we never run out of things to thank God for! I say Hunter's prayers "for him" aloud. Scott laughs because I use a baby voice and thank God for things like trees, swings, and walks! Other things I pray for...Scott and I will be here when Hunter has children, Hunter will stay on a good path (although...kids are kids and I know he will "have too much fun" sometimes- and that is OK as long as he comes back on the right path!), Scott and I guide Hunter through example, Hunter is always nice to others, and that he embraces life...the ups and downs of his own journey!

Most of all...I am so THANKFUL for Hunter's health! I don't take that for granted! I pray for continued health and my heart hurts for parents with sick children. I truly can't imagine the pain and heartbreak! So, this Thanksgiving...my heart goes to parents with ill children, my prayers are in "thanks" for our many blessings, my soul stays intertwined with my mom, and my appetite stays right here at home!!!

Hunter is actually laughing, tons of smiles, eats like a champ (seriously...like 6-7 oz at night!), can hold his head up for minutes at a time, tries to suck his thumb...ya ya, people say don't let him. But, my motto- oh well, if it stops him from crying! He'll stop when he gets made fun of at school;) One of my favorite times of day is when we put Hunter's bouncy chair on our table as we eat dinner. He keeps his eyes focused on Scott and I as we talk about our day...and he smiles, laughs, and coos like he knows what we are talking about! LOVE HIM!!!




                

No comments:

Post a Comment