Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

My first "official" mothers day. I say "official" because Scott and I have always celebrated with our original 'babies'...Zoe and Bentley!

I had a great day, and it started off with a great morning! Scott went running early (like 5am early) which is just part of Scott's routine...yes, he's crazy!! Anyways, Hunter woke up early on Sunday (Mother's Day) which is unusual for Hunter. I was caught off gaurd, so my first instinct  was to be annoyed that I had to deal with his "post operation" needs on Mother's Day! Then, I quickly remembered my mom telling me about our times together in the nursery chair. I was the youngest of 4, so she rarely got to just sit and rock me. She said that she looked forward to me waking up in the middle of the night so she could rock me and just 'be with me!' She would jump at any "peep" I made...that was "our time!" I sat down in the rocking chair with Hunter on my chest, and I said, "Happy Mothers Day Zsa Zsa!" I know that was my mom's way of telling me "Happy Mothers Day!" That was sweet mom...but next time, can you make Hunter sleep a little later, hehehe ;-)!!

My mom wrote me a letter towards the end of her life. A letter that reflected on our one of a kind friendship, our memories, and our future as connected souls. One part said, "When you rock your baby know that my arms are wrapped around you. This will be our time to connect. Thank you for being my baby, now enjoy yours." That's what I did...I enjoyed the moment...the moment of being a mom to such a sweet baby boy!!

We were still in the rocking chair when Scott got home. He had breakfast, cards, and flowers. Scott always writes the sweetest things to me. He is such a special friend and husband. We had a nice day of R&R, then went to dinner...my favorite- sushi! Hunter did great in the high chair, I can't believe how fast he is growing! I loved my first mother's day, and I really loved feeling connected to my mom...she sure did raise the bar HIGH as a mother!!


No comments:

Post a Comment