Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trent's Baptism

We are so honored to have my brother and Scott's sister as Trent's Godparents. Beau and Macy are both very involved in our lives. I talk to Macy daily...multiple times a day, so she knows everything about Trent and loves him dearly!! Beau and his family live down the street from us, so we see each other almost daily! He will pop in to say hi, or we stop by their house on our walk. His kids are quiet obsessed with Hunter and Trent...which is precious, and we love them to come over! We are very happy with our choice of Godparents. We know Trent will continue to love them and look up to them!!

His baptism was simple and perfect. I had some breakfast for friends and family before the service. We had a nice time visiting and adoring Trent! He wore the same outfit that Hunter wore. The jumper was Scott's as a baby, and the shoes were Beau's baptism shoes from 1968!! He was wide awake during the baptism, and I LOVED watching his eyes stare at Pastor Daniel while water was trickling over his head! Pastor Daniel is such a gem! He has really motivated Scott and I to open our hearts and strengthen our Faith! We are so blessed to have him baptize both of our boys.

This was a very special day, and of course, I wish my mom was there! Her presence is always near and dear! We can always sense Zsa Zsa! She was so lively, genuine and vibrant! We miss her SO much! Scott and I often talk about Zsa Zsa and her love for her grandchildren. This would have been a very special day for her...BUT something about knowing she is with God makes days like this almost surreal!
I was rocking Hunter on the night of Trent's baptism, and Hunter randomly pointed behind me and said "Zsa Zsa!!" My Mom LOVED nothing more than rocking babies. When she was dying, she told me "think of me every time you rock your babies, and know that my arms will be wrapped around both of you!" She would always tell me that her favorite memories of me as a baby is when she would rock me in the middle of the night. She told me to think of her and talk to her every time we rock. Therefore, I got the chills when Hunter said her name!! She IS the best mom and role model...near or far....she is incomparable! I can only try to be half as good!! I know she loves my boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment