Thursday, March 21, 2013

In Memory of Zsa Zsa

Zsa Zsa was my mom's "grandmother name." She LOVED being a grandmother. She was a kid magnet, children gravitated to her, all people gravitated to her. Her grandchildren admired her and looked up to her. She used to say that being a grandmother was her favorite phase of life. Scott and I always say that if we had one wish for our family...it would not be wealth, status or fame. No, our wish is that my mom was here to be part of daily lives. She is very much part of our life, we talk about her many times a day...but we want her HERE! She loved Scott like one of her own, and their love was mutual! We so badly desire to see her, hear her, feel her, and have her infectious joy be part of our kids life!! No doubt, she would be here everyday and babysit ALL the time! Scott always says, "our family is missing out on so much not having Zsa Zsa! Just think, if she were here we could do this or that!" My mom was an extension of me. Scott used to call us a "package deal!!" Obviously, we can't get her back. But, we can continue to honor her memory. I also continue to strive to be like her. So, I am chopping my hair and donating it in memory of my mom.
 Here is the letter that I am sending in with my long ponytail!
Dear Hair,
I am letting you go in memory of my mom. There is a little girl that needs and desires you. It is now your job to put a smile on her face, make her feel beautiful. And for at least one moment, make her feel like a princess. Most importantly, I pray that you give her the extra strength she needs to kick cancers ass!

 No doubt, my mom would be all over my precious boys!!They are so wonderful. We are blessed! Speaking of blessed...Trent is almost 8.5 months old, and I am just now buying diapers for him!! WOW! I got enough diapers at my diaper showers to last over 8 months- amazing! 


2 comments:

  1. I noticed this morning how long your was and meant to comment! How special!, no doubt your mama would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special tribute! I would love to know more about your mom! Let's have a share fest soon!

    ReplyDelete