Thursday, March 7, 2013

What's up

Not much going on here, other than the normal day to day stuff. I feel a sense of peace with the phase of life we are in. All of our systems seem to be flowing nicely as Hunter officially transitions into a big boy, and Trent is also hitting some milestones.
Monteverde Rodeo Boys
Hunter is about 60% potty trained. He wears underwear at home, and I take him to the potty often. He doesn't always tell me when he has to go, so I just make frequent trips. He has "tinkle bells" that he gets to shake and sing "tinkle bells, tinkle bells, Hunter went tinkle" after he goes to the bathroom. His favorite song is Jingle Bells, so we call this song "tinkle bells!" He loves it! He also has a sticker chart, which he only wants to put his Christmas stickers on there! Hunter is obsessed with all things Christmas...even in March!! He is also totally over his pacifier. He gave it to baby Jesus as his birthday present on Christmas. He must have been ready for it, because he hasn't asked about it and is never tempted by Trent's paci. He also sits at his big boy table when he eats since Trent is now in the highchair. Hunter is an amazing, patient, helpful, sweet and loving big brother. He is also soooooo funny! He makes me laugh, truly laugh hard, every day! He has an amazing gift of pure joy! Watching him be a big brother makes me even love him more...he is so special, and he is 2.5 years old!!
Then, there is my sweet baby Trent. He still leaves me speechless. I feel like I am so repetitive when I talk about Trent because all I can say is how mild mannered, calm, content and cool he is! He is becoming this total stud with his killer blue eyes- they pierce your soul! He is a total momma's boy and he can do no wrong in my eyes. Call me a sucker, but what can I say, he is a total fairytale baby! His gentle heart exudes sweetness! He is showing signs of "scooting." He will get on his tummy and reach then drag a little. He is a little slower when it comes to physical milestones, but far exceeds any 7.5 month eating requirements! This boy EATS!!! Still breastfeeding 4 times a day and eats 3 legit meals a day. He wants the real food....beans, avocados, bread, muffins, blueberries, mango, bananas, french fries, pretty much anything!! He still eats baby food too, but he would much rather picking up his own food and feeding himself!
That's the news for now! I feel so cheesy when I say how much I love my boys, but I do, I love every little thing about each one of them! I also love that they are both so patient with me. I will say things like "I'm coming, just wait" and Hunter will say "ya, ya- always waitin'!!" I wish he had a recorder hooked up to him all the time, so I could have on record all the hilarious things he says! We are enjoying the days and always look forward to the nights with daddy! No doubt, we are blessed and I am forever grateful!








No comments:

Post a Comment