Monday, November 17, 2014

6 Months

Weight: 17.8 lb
Height:  27 in
Well, HALF of a year has passed! Our 6 month appointment was action packed.  Faith Ann's appointment was first thing in the morning. Scott just got home from a hunting trip, so we decided to all go together then go get breakfast afterwards...let Hunter skip school for a day! 
All 5 of us crammed in the room. So many kids are sick this time of year, so we waited a long time. We did lots of dancing, singing, and Scott was extra embarrassed by my attempt of constant entertainment! The nurse weighed Faith Ann, and I was shocked...only 17.8 lbs?! Don't get me wrong, that is big but I was expecting bigger because she feels like a center-block of concrete! The nurse said, "74th percentile in weight." Then I said, "wait, that must be wrong because it looks like sister ATE the growth chart!" I am not picking on my plump princess, I am just simply surprised that the she weighs less than Trent did at 6 months.
At 6 months, she is only a few ounces smaller than Trent and a couple ounces bigger than Hunter...but she just looks bigger than both of them! Dr. Brack says that girls hold weight different than boys. The boys were more 'dense' and Faith Ann is so preciously plump, soft and round! They boys were also longer than her, so she looks chubbier. I wouldn't have it any other way...she is perfection!
Speaking of chubby. Dr. Brack noticed that her "fat rolls" didn't match up on her legs. She has an extra roll on her right leg and the crease under her bottom is a different length on each side. This 'can' be a sign of hip dysplasia. Faith Ann shows no other red flags, but Dr. Brack ordered an X-Ray to make sure her hips are okay. I was stressed!!! Dr. Brack almost sounded shocked and said..."wait, what, why haven't I noticed this?" It could be because she is getting more chubby, so her rolls are getting more pronounced? Not sure, but Dr. Brack seemed like it caught her off guard! 4 days of anxious waiting...the X-rays came back NORMAL! Thank God! So, bottom line is that her fat rolls are not symmetrical- and that is it! Cosmetic and they will even out as she looses her baby fat! It is somewhat common that fat rolls "don't line up," but Dr. Brack had to rule out any hip issues. Love Dr. Brack!
While we were so focused on Faith Ann, Dr. Brack looked at Hunter and said, "Hunter looks a little off- let me take a look!" Hunter was sitting there eating his snack, and all of a sudden became the patient! Good thing because he tested positive for strep! Way to go mom for not noticing!! She caught it EXTRA early before any symptoms, and we started medicine immediately. She said he would not be contagious after 3 dosages of medicine, and likely not be contagious anyways because of his lack of symptoms! She just said he had "the look"...again, great doctor!! We laid low for a few days to make sure we were in the clear. Hunter had 6 dosages of medicine before interacting with others- he missed his last soccer game of the season, and the soccer party where they receive trophies! Awe! He felt fine and was full of energy, so pajama days with all 3 makes for long days with simple pleasures!
Hunter never skipped a beat, and Faith Ann did great getting her X-Rays. We are SO thankful for good results, and for a very positive doctor appointment! She said that Faith Ann is the picture of a "healthy and happy baby!!" Here is what Faith Ann is up to:
- Birthmark has 'plateaued', not much change
-  Smiles ALL the time
- Still just breastfeeding, showing little interest in food. So, I haven't started food yet.
- Loves her doorway bouncer!!
- She wakes around 7:30am, and I feed her in my bed- then she falls asleep again and takes a morning nap in my bed until 9:30ish
- Afternoon nap 1:00-4:00ish
- Sleeps 7:30pm-7:30
- Size 3 diaper
- Easy going personality
- Still such a peaceful soul!
- Babbles with a concerned look on her forehead, like she is tattle-telling! Hilarious!
- Obsessed with watching her brothers
- Strong legs and back...I feel like she could just get up and walk!
Baby girl, we LOVE you! We are beyond grateful for you. I say prayers over you every night, and I had tears in my eyes last night as I prayed while we waited for your X-Ray results. Yes, hip dysplasia is treatable, so not so much tears of fear....but more so tears for the fact of how fragile life is. You are such a gift from the Lord. You remind me everyday to "Keep the Faith" in the Lord! It brings me to tears to know that you are named after my mom...the person who taught me to trust and turn over control. At times, like awaiting test results, I am reminded of the strength of my mother! Faith Ann, I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment