Sunday, November 23, 2014

Holiday Season is Here

This week was full of activities! Calendars are starting to fill up as the holiday season is here. This week is Thanksgiving week. Hunter's school had a "Tis the Season" party last week. This really got us in the mood for the holidays! Santa was at the party and lots of winter games. As much as we love the season of Christmas...there is something about Thanksgiving that I love so much!!
Thanksgiving is simple. There's not a lot of "hoop-la" involved...no costumes, no gifts...just a day to be thankful!! How wonderful! A day to be thankful and enjoy food, friends, and family!! I love it! I miss my mom so much during this time of year. I feel her presence more than ever as we continue her traditions and recipes. She was something else!! I am thankful for her and all that she taught me. She is continuing to teach me as I reflect back on her life.
We will spend the next few days gearing up for Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to Faith Ann's first Thanksgiving and Christmas. She is such a joy. Talk about thankful....I am SO thankful for my sweet, happy, healthy, loveable, beautiful baby girl. She melts me daily. She softens me!! I have gotten "softer" with each child, and I am pretty much butter in Faith Ann's hands! Love that girl.
Hunter and Trent are INSEPARABLE, they coexist. They are so loyal. Hunter continues to guide and protect. Trent continues to follow and admire. Hunter makes me so proud. He is such a good role model. He is thoughtful, loving, and responsible! Trent is my tender heart that goes with the flow. I am so thankful for my boys. God made them perfectly for each other.
Trent is starting to talk a lot. His words are becoming more clear. Almost daily, he surprises me with his vocabulary! He is learning from Hunter, and let me tell you...Hunter has the vocabulary and knowledge of an adult! Hunter is extremely smart, and he is constantly teaching Trent. So, Trent is getting a great education just listening to and following Hunter!
Someone asked me, "what is life like with 3 kids?" My answer came from my heart. I said, "the first child comes with worry, the second child comes with ease, and the third child comes with fun!!" That has been my experience. Each child has shaped me, and will continue to shape me. The first child...ahhh, you love so much. That new love comes with worry and questions. You just have SO much to learn!! Then, the second comes along and you are in the groove. Then, the third comes and you simply enjoy the ride! That's where I am...enjoying the ride!! And I am thankful for the ride! Trent...well, he is thankful for queso! Licking it off the plate, not wasting one drop!!






No comments:

Post a Comment