Friday, December 5, 2014

Oh Sister

This girl will not eat!! She has made up her mind, and I love her "I'm not gonna do it" face! This is the look she gives me when I try to feed her.
Faith Ann is almost 7 months old, so I thought she was ready to chow down. Nope! Such a difference from her brothers. Hunter and Trent were eager to get some food. Trent literally went from breastmilk to brisket! No joke! He totally skipped baby food and took the brisket off my plate...he never looked back!
Hunter liked baby food from day 1, and LOVED real food. He was eating sandwiches, pizza, anything with his toothless mouth! To this day, Hunter loves food. He loves to talk about it, to eat it, to talk about it, to prepare it, to talk about it, and to anticipate what he will eat for his next meal. Did you catch on?! He talks about food ALL the time. He will ask friends, "what did you eat for lunch?" He will ask MY friends, "What are you making for dinner?" Hahaha! Hunter is a true food lover. He may just be a chef one day!
Then there's sister!! She is taking longer to get on the food wagon. She will not open her mouth when I have a spoon near by. This made me think that she may not like the taste of baby food. So, I offered her real food. I cut up pancakes, fruit. Nope! If any gets on her tongue- she sits there with her tongue out until it falls off.
What is so funny about this is that she is such a chubby baby- you would think she would eat her brothers under the table! She is a breastmilk baby all the way. For now, I am not fighting the battle. I will keep offering it to her. She will catch on at some point. She still breastfeeds 4 or 5 times a day- the times give or take depending on our day (7:30am, 11:00, 1:00, 5:00, 7:30 bedtime.) I can't complain, it keeps my life more simple to just breastfeed.
As of this week, I have taken away the 11:00 feeding. My goal was to have her eat lunch with her brothers. Serve her baby food or cut up food while her brothers eat. Sounds simple?! Ha! Not so simple when she won't open that cute mouth!! But, she is still content with me skipping that 11:00 breastfeeding. So, I'll stick to it and hope that she catches onto the concept of eating lunch!
I have discovered one trick to get some food in her mouth! I put her pacifier right outside her lips. She opens wide thinking she is getting the pacifier. Instead, I put the spoon of baby food in her mouth. Then, I quickly put the pacifier in her mouth so she swallows the food!! She doesn't get upset, so I will do this for a few days. Hopefully she doesn't start thinking that food comes out of pacifiers!!
Here we go. We have started a new chapter. The chapter of food! I am treasuring each chapter so much. I am okay with her taking her time on food. It keeps her as "my baby" for even longer!! I love this girl SO dang much. She is a funny little thing too! She peed on me the other day after bath. I promise you that she chuckled afterwards like she knew what she was doing!
In other day to day news...here are random happenings around our house! The boys are still attached at the hip ALL the time! They still admire their "sista," which they lovingly call her.
They always make her laugh as they try to 'one up' each others silly attempts! Faith Ann is still wearing my old dresses. Thank you mom for saving so many beautiful dresses.
And sweet Bentley turned SEVEN this week. We love that dog more than words. She is simply the best! That's it for now, and I am thankful that it's Friday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment