Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sweet Valentine

We enjoyed a 3 day weekend with Scott! I think all weekends should be 3 days long!! We had a great weekend. Valentines day was lots of fun. I decorated the fireplace with a few Valentine goodies, and the boys loved to wake up to the surprises. I got them airplanes with hearts on them. They played with them all morning! I got Scott a shoe organizer and gummy bears...I know, we are wild over here!
The kids stayed in pajamas, and we headed out to a family date for breakfast! Best Valentine date ever! We went to CoCo. They have delicious crepes. We got a few different ones and all shared. Nutella crepe was my favorite! The boys loved their bacon and egg crepe. Faith Ann was a happy camper with her banana! We got to the cafe at 7:30, so we beat the crowd and had the place to ourselves.
Then, I headed out to get a much needed haircut. I got 5 inches cut off, but my hair is still long. I can't let go of the length...long hair is just easier in this phase of my life! We spent the rest of the day playing outside in the gorgeous weather!! My dad came over that night to babysit while Scott and I went on a date. We put the kids to sleep and dad watched a movie on the couch! Scott and I ate sushi and enjoyed a long dinner.
We headed to the ranch after church on Sunday. Scott's cousin lives on beautiful property in Sealy. Scott's family is visiting from Pittsburgh, so a big group spent the day at the ranch to catch up! They have horses, 4 wheelers, hay rides and all sorts of activities! The kids had a BLAST, and we all loved getting to hang out and spend time with family!
Throw in a couple birthday parties, and our weekend was complete! Monday was rainy and cold, so we laid low. I signed the boys up for some classes this week at the Idea Lab, and the first class was Monday. Then we ate at Napolis pizza for lunch! Scott and I laughed because that was our "date place" when we were in high school. We remembered what table we would always sit at, and we said "just think, we used to sit here when we were 16 years old- we never thought we would be sitting here with our 3 kids!" We have had a fun journey together, and it's only getting more adventurous! Growing up and living our life side by side has been so special.
Happy Valentines Day and Happy Mardi Gras! Faith Ann is looking adorable in her Valentine and Mardi Gras gear!! Love this girl! Love my boys! Love sweet Scott...life is good! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment