Friday, April 24, 2015

Dilemma

I'm in a dilemma!!! I can't stop thinking that Faith Ann is still my newborn! I know she is growing, I mean she is already getting her molars in! But, in my heart, she is my baby. With the boys, I seemed to look forward to the next phase while also enjoying the current phase. But with Faith Ann, I want to push PAUSE! I am not looking forward at all. I am stuck in the baby phase!
She is almost one, in 2 weeks!! Yes, a 1 year old is still a baby. I know that I will enjoy that phase too. But, not yet!! I want her to stay just like she is! She is so much more than I ever imagined my baby girl to be. She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Her peacefulness continues to fill my heart. She goes through life with such joy and grace. Will she always be like this?? I don't know? But she is like this NOW, so I want to just stop and enjoy this phase for much longer than time allows!
She will probably have some phases that I will wonder where my peaceful little girl disappeared to, but for right now, she is here with me...right next to me and always wanting to be in my arms! See my dilemma?? I want Faith Ann to stay a baby forever- sucking her thumb and twirling her hair!
However, I know the joys that come along with growing up. I love to watch their personality blossom, their thoughts deepen, their dreams grow! We know that we have wonderful days ahead with our little girl, but for now, I am soaking in these days that she is my baby! Heck, she will be my baby forever- who am I kidding?! One day, I will introduce Faith Ann as my 30 year old 'newborn!' Love this girl TOO much.


No comments:

Post a Comment