Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Faith Ann's 1st Birthday Party

Faith Ann's 1st birthday party was beyond adorable and memorable! I love the style of the 1950's...poodle skirts, girly frill, cool dudes, fun music, and awesome cars. What's not to love?! So, that was the theme of her party! Her invitation said "Poodle Skirts and Desserts." Macy and Gigi made poodle skirts for the guests to wear and there were enough desserts to sink a ship!
We had an old car in the garage that I spray painted and decorated like a "Thunderbird" for photo prop...umm, cutest thing ever!! I turned the playhouse into "Faith Ann's 1st Diner" to go along with the theme. I put a menu on the diner that was full of desserts and drinks. Our 4th grade neighbor, Ellie, is starting a summer baking business. She made the cupcakes and poodle smash cake (which she came up with on her own.) She did an amazing job, so precious!! Our kids love Ellie, which made the desserts even sweeter! I also had twinkies, hostess cupcakes, cookies and a chocolate fountain! 
Oh yes...the chocolate fountain! Haha, didn't go quiet as planned, but it was hilarious! We've had this chocolate fountain sitting in the garage for years, so I was excited to pull it out! It worked great, but maybe not the most practical idea for a 1st birthday party! The fountain ended up exploding and made a humungous mess, but so very memorable! I made a marshmellow tower for the kids to pull off marshmellows to dip into the chocolate fountain. I wrapped the styrofoam tower with a pink feather boa, then stuck the marshmellows on a stick. It was probably my favorite accessory on the table! However, it was covered in chocolate after the explosion! Oh well!
We had our families and a handful of friends over in our backyard. We set out the bounce house and lots of our garage toys. The kids loved the roller coaster too! The older kids on the street were so excited to join the party, and they admired Faith Ann the entire time...they were like proud momma's! Gosh, Faith Ann is so loved by our wonderful street friends! She looked so stinkin' cute in her tutu poodle skirt! Her bow matched the theme, of course! I know, I am a bow addict! I love the frill! I loved my poodle skirt too. The boys all dressed the part too in their tight white shirts and rolled up jeans! Such a fun day!
Faith Ann was wild all morning before her party. Scott joked that she knew it was her party day. She was such a ham all day...waving, blowing kisses, dancing, clapping, and talking away! She was loving her time in the spotlight, and everyone enjoyed watching her! I love a reason to have a party, so she may have gotten the "party gene" from me! Either way, she was a party animal!
Hunter and Trent were sooooo dang cute! They were so proud of Faith Ann! They were all smiles and full of joy. They make me such a proud mom as I watch their genuine and unconditional love for their baby sister! I think my favorite part of the party was singing Happy Birthday to Faith Ann. She just looked around, soaking in the moment, while the boys were beaming!!
It took some persuading to get her to dig into her smash cake. She just looked at it for a while, then she kind of poked around...such a girl! I had to smash it around to get her going. She finally played with it and ate a few marshmellows. She mainly just rubbed the icing on her hands and face. It was a wonderful 1st birthday party. I couldn't have asked for anything better...even the chocolate fountain incident was fun! Faith Ann, you may not remember your 1st birthday party, but I hope these pictures bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart...you sure did fill our hearts with joy on your special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment