Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dear Faith Ann (Love, Mommy)

Dear Faith Ann,

Oh my, where do I start? I have butterflies in my tummy as I write this letter because of all the emotions I feel. I am sad that you are growing so fast, anxious to see you become your own person, happy to be enjoying every moment, and heartbroken that my mom isn't here to see any of it! My mom wrote me a letter the night before I went off to college, I read it often. I think about the emotions she felt writing that letter, and I feel those same emotions as I write this letter to you! The love behind this letter is immeasurable! Here's a picture of me holding you at 12 months old, and a pic of my mom with me around the same age. She used to always tell me that I was more than she ever deserved. And I totally get that now!! You were sent to me as my little angel of a blessing...with a bow!
When I pictured having 3 kids, I couldn't have ever imagined anything better than you and your brothers. You all balance each other out so wonderfully. God pieced yall together long ago. He knew the exact dynamics that our family needed. Hunter is my joyful spirit, Trent is my calming soul, and you are my peaceful heart! You all have other sides to you, haha! However, your overall auras exude these traits.
I have to go to the beginning. You had me hooked from the start. My mom held onto her "Faith" coin during her sickness because she found that it brought her peace. Well, you immediately delivered that same gift to me! I thought of my mom while holding you..."this is what mom felt while holding that coin!" That coin inspired my mom to fully trust the Lord with her mind, body and soul during her journey with pancreatic cancer. You were named after that coin because of the power, peace, and comfort it gave my mom. And your name delivered that same blessing to me! I can't help but think that God had that planned when he placed that "Faith" coin in my mom's hands during the hardest part of her life. Mom's saying during her sickness was "Keeping the Faith." She held on tight to faith, and I am holding on tight to you! 
Then came along Ann. Mom's middle name was Ann. The second you were born, I knew you were more than Faith. There was just something about you that had a little too much spunk for the name Faith alone! You were Faith Ann! It flowed, it fit, it was just you...Faith Ann! I think of mom many times a day as I say your name. To this day, your name lightens my heart and brings me happiness! 
Speaking of happiness, you have made me feel like the happiest person on Earth! You are infectious. You are truly something else...magical! You are funny and spunky yet subtle. The "growl" that you do is hilarious! You do this deep voice, and it stops people in their tracks. You are so beautiful, so girly, so inviting...then you growl in a Darth Vador voice! It's so unexpected and the funniest thing I have ever heard from a baby! 
I have loved our girl time. Daddy tends to take over the boys while you and I bond away. We have spent many hours alone, just being with each other, just being in each others presence, just enjoying each other. You are a momma's girl for sure! You were attached to me from the start, and I certainly embraced you with an open heart! Your brothers filled my heart, how in the heck did you find a spot to fill? You did, and you have your own special spot. 
You don't know a stranger. Everyone gravitates to you! Everyone smiles, comments, waves and talks to you everywhere we go! You love the attention and enjoy the spotlight. You wave, blow kisses, dance and make everyone feel special. What a gift! You were born making people feel special. Everyone feels like they are your favorite person! 
Your stunning blue eyes, your curvy tooshie, your rolls, light hair, sun kissed skin, button nose...every single thing about you is perfection! You are beautiful beyond words. You are beautiful from the inside out. Your inner beauty pours out of you.  You are a force to be reckoned with! Get ready world! I am honored to be your mother!!
 
Watching you with your daddy has completely melted me. He is such a gentle soul, and you have him wrapped around every single finger! You are his little princess, and you have no clue how blessed you are to have him as your dad! Obviously, we are beyond blessed to have you as our daughter. Don't even get me started on your brothers. I will have to dedicate an entire letter to you on their behalf. Those boys have admired your every breath, every milestone, every smile, every moment of your life!  
Faith Ann, we have a connection that I pray you will always hold close to your heart. I know this connection will only grow deeper. We have many memories ahead. We have many hurdles ahead. Most of all, we have many joys ahead! We have a lifetime ahead of us. 
A friendship has just begun. I look forward to sharing the journey of friendship with you. I will always be your mom, but as you age, you will be my best friend! There will be times that you won't consider me a friend, but that is just part of my job as your mom. But believe me...I will always be your truest, most loving, unwavering and most loyal friend in the world. I love you more than words. I love you more than you will ever know..or at least until you have your own daughter! Only then will you know the depth of the love that sits behind this letter! 

Love, 
Momma!


No comments:

Post a Comment