Monday, May 16, 2016

Happy Mothers Day and 2nd Birthday Faith Ann

May 8th! Faith Ann's 2nd birthday and Mothers Day. I LOVE that her birthday was on Mother's Day this year. I miss my mom so much, and this was just a little reminder that her spirit, laughter, joy, and memory continue to thrive in our lives! Scott had breakfast for me and the kids were dressed for church. After church, I went on a long run alone, so I got to take my time and listen to music. The kids all colored me cards. Then, Ally and I went to lunch while the kids napped. Then, we all ate Southwells for dinner, my favorite!
Faith Ann got a doughnut hole with a candle in the morning. We all sang Happy Birthday to kick off the day. She looked adorable in her new dress. The dress was handmade by one of my friends mothers. She said she made it in memory and honor of my mom. They were friends and she said it was an honor to make Becky's granddaughter something special. The perfect dress to wear on such a special day. 
Faith Ann also got her first pedicure! This was a family affair! The boys and Ally watched closely as I painted her toes. It was so cute. They all love Faith Ann so much. She felt like a big girl and loved the attention. I just love these toes!
She got a watch for her birthday, and she LOVES it! She wears it all the time. The watch plus her painted toes...she looks so much older! She acts so much older than she did just a couple months ago. Each day brings new discoveries, more laughter, new words and lots of fun! We wrapped up the day with going to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. Of course, another candle and more singing!
The rest of the weekend was fun too. Friday, Hunter had a bug play at school. He was a mosquito! They also gave us mothers day gifts after the play. He made me a nice plant and card. The card said "mommy is so cool because she is a ninja!" haha! Makes me laugh and so happy that my boys enjoy my ninja world as much as I do! Scott and I also had a date night for my friends birthday. We went to Redneck Country Club. It was such a neat place. This picture was pretty cool! Great weekend. Great 2nd birthday for Faith Ann. Awesome mothers day! And in memory of my mom, I am making a conscious point to slow down, keep life simple, enjoy the memories, make life adventurous, and live in the moment!







1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to thank you for taking part in american ninja warrior.
    I was sitting here crying cos i too lost my mom to pancreatic cancer last year. I was very angry and I have lost my faith and cry almost every night. I admire that you have faith in Jesus and have raised your kids up to love him too. Just know that you ARE an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete