Wednesday, May 4, 2016

KTF Fitness (Keeping The Faith)

It's official. I have now started a fitness program at my church (MDUMC). The man in charge of sports ministry asked me a few months ago if I was interested in creating a fitness program, from scratch! Of course I was! So, it has been quiet the project to get the program organized, marketing, and prepared to launch to our community. I started the classes at the beginning of April, and it has been wonderful! KTF Fitness is the perfect name. It stands for my moms saying "Keeping the Faith." She held her faith coin during her sickness as a reminder to have trust and faith in God. This coin brought her much peace. So, her saying "Keeping the Faith" motivated her to stay strong! That saying has really motivated me and given me a greater purpose. The courage it took my mom to have faith at such a scary time has given me courage, strength and purpose to bring faith to peoples lives!
So, what does faith have to do with fitness? Well, it gives you the power to push yourself for something greater. Be more than you ever thought. Exceed your own limits. To have faith is to have endless belief!! And that is what I want for all my clients...to believe they can be the best version of themselves! My motivation to be strong and healthy comes from my mother. During her fight with pancreatic cancer, she made me promise her that I would be strong and healthy for my kids. She told me, "you have one body, do everything you can to take care of it, be strong and healthy for your family, and make fitness fun!" So, that is what I am doing!
Friends and people in the neighborhood heard about my ninja journey and have been wanting to train with me. So, I have been leading workout groups at my house 5:30 in the morning. One thing led to the next, word spread, and I got offered this opportunity to start a program at church! Isn't it funny how God provides when you follow your passion?! I do 3 classes a week, which has already turned into many one on one sessions as well! The gym I go to (Memorial Athletic Club) has donated their used equipment for the program, which I am so grateful for! Macy and Kinsley came in to surprise me for my first class. I have so much support and I feel like the community is loving it too!
We will see where this journey takes me. I have a feeling this is just the start of something great! I am doing what I love with heartfelt purpose. God's hand is very much in this entire journey. At the end of class, I do a devotional time. I read an inspirational devotion then I challenge them to memorize one Bible verse a week. I write down the verse of the week. We read it together and discuss how it relates to our lives. Memorizing these verses have already started to change and transform me inside! All of my clients say that they have gotten so much out of my devotion time, and they feel that they are becoming stronger in faith and muscles! I like that!! I feel blessed, and I am SO happy to help others be the strongest they can be, inside and out! The first bible verse we memorized was "She is clothed in strength and dignity, and laughs without fear of the future." I feel that kind of sums KTF Fitness!
My kids are proud of me! Although they don't fully understand, Hunter has said "mommy, I want your job. I want to help people learn to be ninja strong!'' Ha! Speaking of that...Sam Sann has asked me to start teaching a woman's class at his ninja gym! I will teach one class a week, at the same time as the "kid mini ninja class." We will do more classes as it grows. So, kids can do their thing while the women also get a hard workout. Obstacle and strength training is SO fun and will be a huge hit! It is an honor, to say the least, that Sam has asked me start a woman's program at his gym! People travel from all over the country to train at his gym, so I am thrilled at the opportunity. And the boys will come with me to do the kid class while I teach the my class. Win win for everyone!!
The classes at Sam's gym will be one evening a week. So, cousin Ally is going to babysit Faith Ann while the boys and I head to ninja! She will just babysit for a little while until Scott gets home from work. Ally is so excited to have a "job" and I know Faith Ann will love her girl time. Faith Ann loves to play! She just adores her best friend Blake. Blake's mom, Leslie, was my first client 8 months ago! I give her a lot of credit in my journey. She gave me confidence and experience. She spread the word and that is when the ball really got rollin!! Her family will be a big part of our lives! They live a few streets over. Blake and Faith Ann will be in the same grade. And her son, Parker, and Hunter are in the same grade! God's puzzle pieces continuing to shape our lives!
The rest of our days have had a lot of outdoor play. T-ball and water fun! Sometimes both at the same time, haha! Faith Ann loves to put on the helmet and act like a big girl! She is a hoot! She thought she found the perfect spot for hide and go seek! Under the seat cushions! Ha!! She was so still and just knew she tricked me! I couldn't stop laughing! She is just so beautiful, smart and adventurous! I have one more week with a ONE year old. She will be 2 this Sunday! Bittersweet. I am going to soak up this week with my baby!!




No comments:

Post a Comment