Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Beach Trip

We treated ourselves to a weekend at the beach! Just our family of 5. We always go on vacation with people, family and friends. So, we decided to invest in our family time. We rented a beach house in Galveston. My family had a beach house my entire life, dad just sold it a few years ago. I was raised going to Galveston, and I still love it! We enjoyed a long weekend of wave jumping, kite flying, handstands and tricks on the beach, boogie boarding, going to the strand, and ice cream! It was so nice to connect and have family time!
Hunter spent the entire weekend jumping the waves!! Running on the beach and in the water! He also loved finding sea shells! Trent was attached to the boogie board! He jumped waves and ran while pulling that board for hours. Faith Ann stayed close by me the entire weekend. We played in the sand and took a lot of walks.
I was doing sprints while pulling the kids on the boogie board. They were flying over the water. It was SO much fun! They were loving it!! I did it for an hour straight, and I was honestly sore the next day, ha! Pulling 40+ pounds on that wet sand, in a full sprint, was exhausting. It was worth it. This was a highlight of our trip. The boys were obsessed! Scott tried to pull me, however, it didn't work quiet the same. But, we got good laughs!
Trent also spent hours playing with his monster truck. He built sand dunes and pushed that truck all day! He had his truck jump waves, pulled it on the boogie board and made race tracks! This boy just has the "driving gene" in his blood! He is still full force obsessed with monster trucks, dirt bikes, race cars!! He is totally fascinated by anything that drives fast, loud, and jumps!
Bentley came along for the weekend. She played so hard. Jumping, swimming, running. She was so tired!!! She enjoyed the attention and outdoor time. We adore Bentley. She has such a tender and playful heart!
The rest of our weekend was filled with watermelon, ice cream, sand and more sand!! Lots of laughter. Lots of "mom, watch this!" Lots of Scott and I spending time together. The kids crashed at night, and Scott and I watched the sunset on the deck and enjoyed visiting!
Lots of playing!!! We had handstand challenges, which are always fun! We played "airplane" which turned into the kids doing flips over me. It was an active weekend, but also a laid back weekend at the same time. I enjoyed this alone time with my family so so much!
Just the 5 of us! It was a simple, fun, adventurous, funny, and memorable weekend! The boys have already talked about how much they miss the beach! I look forward to many more family vacations with more "core!" My core family is so precious to me. It was a great weekend!
When we got home, it was back to sissy dressing up and stacking necklaces on, and pushing Zoe in the stroller. This cracked me up! Thank goodness for patient dogs!! Great weekend, great memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment