Sunday, December 1, 2019

Kickin' off Christmas

Our favorite tradition...cutting down our Christmas tree!!!!! We loaded the truck, cranked up the Christmas carols, and headed to the Christmas tree farm. But, it all came to a sudden stop on the freeway...when Scotts fuel pump went out on his truck. He stalled!!! We safely made it to the side, but our plans derailed. We laughed it off as Uber came to pick me and the kids up from the side of the freeway. Scott waited for the tow truck to take his truck to the shop. We picked up my car and resumed as planned. Off to the Christmas tree farm...again!


 It was a gorgeous day, and we took our time. We found the right one, and all the kids got a turn to saw the tree down. We finished off with a snow cone...well, Trent opted for a huge turkey leg! ha! Such a cool tradition! We got home and got down all the Christmas decorations. We spent the entire weekend decorating. I always think of my dad because he loved to watch kids decorate a tree. The joy is contagious.



We have written letters to Santa, drawn a million Christmas pictures and listened to Christmas music! I adore our Christmas decorations, they bring back so many memories. They were my parents that I inherited when they passed away. Each decoration makes me smile...it's like sharing my childhood Christmases with my own children. I love it! You can literally feel the warmth, memories and joy!



 I shop all year long, so as soon as the tree is up, I get out all the gifts and start wrapping. So, it looks a lot like Christmas in our home. It is magical. It may not be "trendy" or stylish by todays standards (all white and silver.) But, its perfection in my eyes. I plan to soak up every ounce of Christmas joy! Christmas 2019...we welcome you with open arms!





No comments:

Post a Comment