Thursday, June 25, 2020

Frio River (Annual Trip)

We love Leakey, Tx! This year looked different for us. The corona virus is still roaring, so many of our usual family members didn't join the annual reunion. But, we stayed distanced and enjoyed our isolated campground.

It was Lou's first time to join us on vacation, first time at the Frio River...and she LOVED it! We couldn't keep her out of the water. She also slept so hard! We floated the river, enjoyed good food and time with my brothers families. The kids love their cousins so much! These are memories they will cherish forever. Lots of BB gun, fishing and swimming. Camp Live Oak is the campground we stay at, and the property is just amazing!



Sam turned 21!!! So, I took him to the Leakey liquor store and let him buy whatever he wanted. He made quiet the trip, and I enjoyed the memory of his 21st birthday on the Frio. We giggled as he kept adding stuff to the cart, then I handed him my card for him to buy it himeself. So fun!



The water was at the perfect level. The kids did the rope swing a million times. And Hunter stepped on barbwire fence...it got stuck in his foot. I was already showered and dressed, but had to jump in and swim across the river to get him out of the fence. Then, hold him over my head to prevent his foot from getting river water in the wound. We made it back to campground and there was a nurse (thankfully!) She cleaned it up really good, and he was fine. He was sore, but it could have been worse! Keeping it adventurous!




Although it was a smaller group than usual this year, it was great. It was simple. It was perfect. I love our family so so much, and I am so glad that we get to make all these memories together. I always think of my dad while at the Frio. We miss him so much! We know that he would be so proud that we are keeping the Frio River traditions going strong! Another year...another great trip to the Frio River!




No comments:

Post a Comment