Thursday, February 3, 2022

Merry CHRISTMAS!!!

 2021 is coming to an end. We closed out the year with a very merry, very simple Christmas. Darn covid is still lurking, so Scott's family wanted to avoid the party. Since his mimi is in her 90's, I understand. However, the good news is that covid seems to be really weakening. Basically, a bad cold that runs its course. But, with Mimi, no one wants to risk the unknown. 





So, it was just the 5 of us. WHAT A TREAT!!!!!! Maybe my favorite Christmas so far! We went to Christmas Eve service. It was beautiful. I felt really connected to my family and not rushed. It was nice not having a plan and to just be in the moment. We got home and into Christmas pajamas. I made a big Christmas Eve meal...roast, rice and gravy. We ate every last bite. The roasted corn on the cobb is a family favorite! I used my moms Christmas china for the first time ever. I loved every second of it. Made me feel my mom on this special day. 













Christmas morning was a HIT! Santa outdid himself. We got scooters, carts, laptop, hoverboard, football net and more. I love that my kids still crave outdoor activity, and I am so glad that Santa agrees. The kids were pumped, grateful and full of joy. We got the kids trunks to represent their week of summer camp! They are super excited since they have never been to sleepover camp. They will all go the same week in July!






Again, we had no plan for the day. So they kids got to play with their new things all day! I made another big meal for dinner. We may never have another simple Christmas like this, so I consider a gift. A true blessing. No running around. Just the simple joy of Christmas. What a perfect way to end our year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment