Thursday, October 28, 2010

Visit from Above?

Just to preface this story for those that don't know...my mom passed away about 5 years ago from pancreatic cancer. Before she died, we talked about the day that I have children and how much she wished she could be here for me! Mom and I were extremely close and we miss her SO much!

Anyways, the most amazing thing happened the other night! We keep the monitor volume all the way down..and every once and a while I roll over and turn it up to check on Hunter. Well, I had a dream that when I turned it up...I heard Hunter crying and my mom was singing to him!! This woke me up...so I leaned over to check the monitor...and Hunter really was whimpering. So, I went into the nursery to feed him. This part is hard to explain...but the room had the strangest feeling of stillness and the silence was unusually deafening! You know that feeling on the back of your neck when someone is starring at you...well, I had that feeling all over my body! I had the chills everywhere! I was totally being watched...I could feel the eyeballs! I got so spooked that I put Hunter in the crib and literally RAN out of the room-slam the door closed-I ran and jumped in bed and threw the blankets over my head!!

Of course, Hunter was a little alarmed by my reaction. So, I woke up Scott and said, "Go burp Hunter...I can't go in the nursery!" I tell Scott the story and he says, "Bran, I would think you would want to go back in there!" Honestly, the feeling was SO REAL that it totally spooked me- so I tell Scott, "I can't go back in there until the sun comes up!" Scott gets up to burp Hunter...with an "attitude" because he thinks that I totally lost my mind! Next thing I know...Scott quickly comes back in the room with a totally different attitude! He says, "Okay, I'm kinda creeped out....I totally got a whiff of your moms smell on Hunter's head while burping him!" So, Scott and I lay there with our eyes wide open and feeling guilty that we both "threw" Hunter in the crib to protect himself!

The next morning, I tell my dad the story...and he says, "Now, that is strange. I could have sworn I heard the doorbell ring in the middle of the night, but no one was there!" My dad woke up to the "doorbell" and after walking around the house...no one was there!

Believe what you want...but, my "gut" tells me that my moms spirit was making a presence! I have no doubt that Hunter and my mom have a special bond...mom got to meet him, hug him, hold him long before any of us!! I tell Hunter every night as we say our prayers, "Heavenly kisses and blessings from your Angel Zsa-Zsa!"

Hunter is 6 weeks old and eating every 3.5-4 hours...he has only been waking us once during the night! He is totally getting a personality and he looks exactly like Scott. He smiles often and loves to make eye contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment