Thursday, April 7, 2011

Days with Hunter....

Are full of love and LAUGHTER! He is such a funny guy, and he always has his big ole mouth wide open! This is going to be a long post- I apologize in advance....I just feel like he is growing SO fast, I want to document everything!

Hunter is constantly "blowing raspberries!" Scott doesn't know what that means...it means "spitting/making tooting noises" with mouth. He looks like such a boy when he does this! We now eat baby oatmeal in the morning after his 8:00 feeding and rice cereal after his 5:00 feeding. Just a few days ago, we started putting baby food in his oatmeal. We have tried peas and are now on carrots. He literally gagged and threw up the peas...but kept opening his mouth for more! Of course, he blew raspberries with peas in his mouth!! I'm the one who needs to wear a bib! Carrots...another story! He loves carrots, and hasn't spit one drop out! Next up is squash and sweet potatoes. His eating throughout the day consists of breastfeeding 5 times a day, and we added the meals after 2 breastfeeding sessions- the boy is an EATER!

My sweet friend is making me all the baby food...how nice! She makes organic baby food from scratch and packages it into serving sizes! Every bag is labeled and frozen! She even made me a "food calendar" so I can keep up with his food progression. She has me so organized, and I have at least 2-3 months of baby food ready to go! Makes my life super easy, and Hunter is getting some great "home-cookin'!"

Scott and I are truly in the best time of life right now! Our little family is in such a peaceful, happy place! We are soaking in every second, and we better "buckle up" because I think LOTS more fun and adventure is on the way! Scott and I still have regular date nights...thanks to our family and friends! And, our "favorite" babysitter is my 11 (almost 12 year old) nephew! We put Hunter to sleep at 7:00...so Sam sits at our house while we go "party"...always with in 10 minutes from home! Sam and I negotiated his pay (with my brothers guidance)....$5 for the first hour and $3 for each hour after! Can't beat it! He is so responsible and sweet! He told me, "He deserves every dollar because he checks on Hunter A LOT!"

Scott and I love our dates, and we act like we are 15 again...seriously! I sometimes wonder if I am mature enough to have a child! I also have regular "GIRLS NIGHT OUT!" Scott loves to have Hunter to himself, and I enjoy the girl time...there's nothing else in the world like it! My o my-we laugh SO hard! Love my girls, and I sure do love my two favorite boys....my Dad of course makes 3 favorites!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment